PDA

View Full Version : Cast Iron or Cast Alloy??

riruiz_88
03-05-2007, 04:47 PM
would like to know what material the rear sway bar is on a EG Si. is it these materials or another material i havnt mentioned? talked to a guy bout orderin Whiteline sway bar, and he asked me if it was Cast Iron or Cast Alloy before i would place an order. does it really matter, cause im orderin an completly new one?

turtleEK1
03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
shouldn't matter...

like you said... it'll get replaced with a new one...

riruiz_88
03-05-2007, 07:05 PM
may as well ey, just wonderin if anyone else has encountered this problem?

bennjamin
03-05-2007, 09:00 PM
the swaybar is spring steel isnt it ?
He might be referring to the LCA layout...

riruiz_88
03-05-2007, 09:59 PM
wat u mean by LCA layout? meanin that the LCA is either made of cast iron or cast alloy? need to be sure cause im gonna order the part 2morrow, so if anyone knows somethin please post quickly

creativepunka
04-05-2007, 08:27 AM
If you dont know, just get a magnet and put it on the sway bar and lca's. If it sticks its not alloy. i thnk you will find they arnt alloy anyway.

riruiz_88
04-05-2007, 02:50 PM
well boiz i have been let down 2day:( . went to order the sway bar and they said that Whiteline have stopped production of swaybars, but will start again in june. they also said that they dont know when they will have them in stock, could be next year :confused:. so i decided not to go ahead with the order as i dont know when i will be gettin this product. has anyone else been told this bout orderin their sway bars? or it could be just for my specific car?

bennjamin
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
wat u mean by LCA layout? meanin that the LCA is either made of cast iron or cast alloy? need to be sure cause im gonna order the part 2morrow, so if anyone knows somethin please post quickly

they refer to if the car comes with swaybar , or not.

This means , the car will have Lower control arms WITH mounting points for the swaybar endlinks-
OR the lower control arms wont have the little moutning hole

BTW , whiteline is redesigning the swaybar to suit all EK , EG and DC's due to issues with hte old setup.

Hang in there !