PDA

View Full Version : Oh crap, my new 07 Boot is not working... HELP!

Diccid
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I just found out after shopping that my civic boot cannot close. The latch doesn't seem to latch onto the ring.

So its 5pm and I called Honda 24 assist.. They said they can't help me because it's a "basic" problem. Not an emergency. They asked me to call service instead.

I called service, the secretary said that there is no one around to help me. Everyones gone home. I'll have to wait till tomorrow... sigh.

Later I found out that the boot light is on. I don't want it on as it might drain the battery, so I called 24 hour service again. They were too lazy to come out, so they told me to take out the light bulb myself - which I did and hopefully didn't do any damage while prying the cover off.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Know how to fix it?:( :( :(

Drew
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
****ing bastards....

Try closing the little latch with a screwdriver and then opening it again using the norm way of opening the boot...

Then try closing it...

If that little latch doesn't want to stay closed then it needs to be removed and adjusted

Diccid
03-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah I tried doing that.. closing the latch with a screw driver. But it wont stay closed... just springs back up.

I hope there is no rain tonight.

Otherwise, how do you hold the boot closed? With some tape (which might damage the paint work) and I can't use rope.. donno where to tie it to...

****ing bastards....

Try closing the little latch with a screwdriver and then opening it again using the norm way of opening the boot...

Then try closing it...

If that little latch doesn't want to stay closed then it needs to be removed and adjusted

aimre
03-05-2007, 08:48 PM
PUll out the little light so it wont drain ur battery.

Hold it down with MASKING tape

Shimian
03-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Could it also be the lever next to the drivers seat pulled up? Dunno if that will affect the latch. Just a stab in the dark

Diccid
03-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I've done that already.

PUll out the little light so it wont drain ur battery.

Hold it down with MASKING tape

Diccid
03-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Na, not the lever, I've pulled that several times already. it's in the normal position.

Could it also be the lever next to the drivers seat pulled up? Dunno if that will affect the latch. Just a stab in the dark

Diccid
03-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Do you think using MASKING TAPE will damage the paint? Otherwise what other kinds oh tape can i use?

jeffske
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
put a few phone books on top of the boot to keep it shut
p.s. obviously only whilst its stationary

shadou
03-05-2007, 09:09 PM
ok here is my experience and in your case I would think it would fix it 100%
read carefully:
you need a 10 mm socket and a prying tool small enough to lift up the STRIKER cover. loosen the 2x10 mm bolts holding the striker and lower a little making sure it's centralised or else you may have some problem closing each time. Then secure the bolts not too tight and check it.
Hope this is it

yourfather
03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
put 1 elephant standing on 1 phone book on top of a microfibre cloth.

or just masking tape it. do it on the tail lights or something.

aimre
03-05-2007, 09:13 PM
masking paint wont damage the paint... its used to mask areas when painting, thus is designed tot to ruin paint

yourfather
03-05-2007, 09:16 PM
yes that is true

chickenisme
03-05-2007, 09:48 PM
masking tape can ruin paint if left in the sun for a long period, I would have gone down and bought a car cover. Can you also get in the boot via the folding rear seat and see if the latch is engaging properly?

Diccid
09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks guys for your help... its solved, for now.

I called in the service centre and they said to bring it in without a booking. So they guy had a look, pulled out the boot liner and did something to the boot release wires, and it closes. But I havn't opened my boot since.

He also told me that he will order a new unit for me when then next service comes. So I'll start using it again after then.

The mechanic said no one ever came across a problem like this, for this model anyways. Hope this forum helps anyone else with similar issue.

serpo
09-05-2007, 07:15 PM
new 07 Honda = doge LMAO jks jks nice to hear its fixed man

Riviera
09-05-2007, 07:22 PM
they didnt tell u nuffing must be tight or damaged cables... sum1 stood on it
before installing it lol