PDA

View Full Version : Seatcovers on VTI-L or VTI-SPORT

chickenisme
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I am wondering if anyone has had fitted front seatcovers to the VTI-L or VTI-SPORT models of civic?

Where did you get them? Roughly how much did they cost?

dmx
11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
I am wondering if anyone has had fitted front seatcovers to the VTI-L or VTI-SPORT models of civic?

Where did you get them? Roughly how much did they cost?
i can understand if u would like to put seat cover for vti-L or Vti.
but for sport model ???:confused: :confused:
it's leather already mate.

TAKEN
11-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Just go and buy those Online Performance throw over seat covers, easy and protects the seats really well.. Lots of colours available to, 19 colours i think.

Zdster
12-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I cant remember if those two models come with side airbags in the seats? If they do then you cant use standard seat covers.

FallenAngel
14-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Models VTI-L and Sport do indeed have side airbags in which i've been told not to put seat covers on them, since they cover them.

VTI models should be fine.

chickenisme
15-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the input.

Yes I realise the sport model has leather seats. I have a VTI-L and if someone had for some reason put seat covers on a sport I thought they would most likely fit the VTI-L model as well.

Yes standard seat covers cannot be used as they cover the side airbags that are in the seats.

Throw on seat covers are an option I never thought of but I would also imagine they can become annoying as they could move around easily (I get annoyed by little things like that easily.

I tracked down 2 places that said they could do the seat covers, I want sheepskin seat covers. The first one would make the seat covers all out of sheepskin, the second (which is the one I am now going with) will have the front of the seat covers as sheepskin and the sides/back as material and the front seats will be done for a toatl cost of well under $500. In case anyone is wondering the material will go around the side airbags so they are not affected.

One interesting thing the seat cover guy said was that the sport has opds (the VTI-L does not and got this confirmed by Honda) and putting any sort of seat cover on the sport could affect the side airbags (due to the opds sensors I imagine)

If anyone has a VTI-L and would like to know where to get the seat covers just let me know.

chylld
15-05-2007, 08:46 PM
interesting thread. opds = occupant position detection system?

i'm actually considering getting my sport's seats re-trimmed in suede/alcantara - the leather is really shoddy quality (it's more vinyl than leather) and there's hardly any side support at all - so i keep sliding around on it which is both tiring and annoying.

was actually thinking of finding someone with a vti-l to see if they wanted a seat swap lol

NeoNode
16-05-2007, 01:10 AM
I don't know about you guys, but modifying anything with airbags in them, wether it be seat covers or retrimming the seats itself etc is a no no in my eyes.

Not worth the risk if an accident should occur.

panda[cRx]
16-05-2007, 12:27 PM
^ as neonode says, i wouldnt touch any seats with airbags in them. just not worth it should something happen

chylld
16-05-2007, 07:02 PM
yeah very true... i was thinking about it today and was wondering if the side airbags alone would be enough if i got t-boned... then realised, "why am i even asking myself this question?"

retrimming the seats is out, atm i'm trialling a lumbar support (one of these (http://www.backcare.com.au/back_insert_back_form.html)) and it gives a bit more lateral support but really isn't that comfortable and looks pretty naff... might try one of these (http://www.comfortdiscovered.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=69) though (kinda like an aeron for the car hehe)