PDA

View Full Version : Honda Acti....Engine conversion?

Dream0b16
04-05-2007, 07:06 PM
hey
i got a little honda acti van as a sencond car and the motor recently blew up, so i was wondering if anyone knew much about them more to the point of possibly doing an engine conversion or something?
it barly went with the engine in it but what can u expect from like a 76 *or so) model car lol, but it weighs in at like 850kg with me in it lol, and its rear wheel drive....so im thinking if i could put something with a bit of go in it could be up for some fun :p

it currently has a 600cc, two clinder motor in it, but i dont know alot about it, and i was thinking maybe like a motor bike engine like a cbr600 engine or something if its not to much trouble? cause i figure overall size shouldnt be an issue, and ive heard of people putting similar engines in mini's an what not so yeah

any info would be good, if needed i have the car here and can just start pullin the thing apart to sus things out if it helps, im pretty sure ill be able to do the actuall work as i know my way round cars its just i havent done much along these lines and wana get some info on it

cheers

Mr_will
04-05-2007, 07:09 PM
i have no idea of the type of engine in your car, but i am going to assume its neither d,b,h or k series

that means from the start you are going to have a sizeable job on your hands.

you will almost definately need custom mounts, and if its that old, its most likely carby, so youre going to be changing pretty much everything, right down to fuel lines and such.

thats not to say itd be impossible, but even with your free labour, it would still be costly.

depends how keen you are to do it, i guess.

if you wanted to go the cheapest possible route, get a b18a/b, which you could get under 1k if lucky. not the most powerful engine around, but cheap to maintain, and in an 850kg car, itd still be fun

Dream0b16
04-05-2007, 07:41 PM
yeah its none of the main honda engines, so yeah i figued id need new engine mounts, but i got some one that can do them cheap and easy so im not so worried about that, but the main thing i was concerned about is phisical size/room, as i said its a 600cc motor so it aint real big, thus im concerned about fitting a 1800cc motor in its place lol, also im not sure about rego laws i think i heard something like u cant put in a motor that is over 50% bigger or somethihng? ill have to look more into it that way, but i was more wondering like if its possible or no to mount something up to the original gear box (which is a 5 speed) so i wouldnt have to go custom drive shafts and all that
also with what u were saying about the fuel lines ect thats another reason i was thinking maybe a motorbike engine cause most of them are carb so less work again
cheers

timster1200
07-05-2007, 11:12 AM
If it is a car from the seventies or so, then perhaps you may like to try investigating some of the first of second generation honda engines. For example the first gen civic came with a 1200cc engine (EB), then a first gen 1600cc accord (EL), or you could try a first gen prelude 1800cc (EK) - All these cars from the 70's were quite good with the engine conversions and were all carby. For example we have put both the EL and EK engines into first gen civics straight drop in. Maybe this might be a way to go with you the best option being the civic engine

trubbleguy
19-06-2007, 08:14 PM
i would convert it to a 100% Electric Vehicle, there is more than enough space under the floor to hold batteries and modding a EV motor to fit the gearbox should be simple....
i have an acty van and workshop manuals, its a real fun car to drive....

panda[cRx]
19-06-2007, 09:00 PM
i'd put a factory engine back in. too many classic old hondas like s600, s800 etc have been ruined by engine swaps

~Sp33~
08-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Didn't you say that it was originally rear wheel drive? How do you think your going to fit in a FWD Honda engine then? It would be more simpler sourcing an engine from another manufacture roughly from the same era that powers the same wheels as your car does. Maybe a Ke70 corolla or similar.