PDA

View Full Version : EK4 chassis brace bolt... SNAPPED! help meeeee! lol

aStRooo
05-05-2007, 09:46 AM
hey guys, my mate snapped one of the stock chassis brace bolts on my EK4. Overtightening while installing cusco chassis brace. The bolt is welded onto the chassis via a plate of metal. have tried to hammer the thing out but it just bends the metal plate. has anyone got any advice on how to fix this?
currently just using 3 of the bolts to hold the chassis brace in place, is this recommended? im afraid uneven distribution of force will snap another bolt.

any help would be appreciated! cheers =)

misteR_bilzz
05-05-2007, 11:30 AM
pix would help im not 100% sure on what part u mean... are u talkin about? front chassis brace in the engine bay?

bennjamin
05-05-2007, 12:43 PM
i know. Its quite weak if u over tighen it - just drill it out with a 3/8 drill piece , and use a nut n bolt to hold it down.

aStRooo
05-05-2007, 02:22 PM
pix would help im not 100% sure on what part u mean... are u talkin about? front chassis brace in the engine bay?

yea, thats the one...

misteR_bilzz
05-05-2007, 02:27 PM
ud just have to drill it out and get the same size bolt either weld it in or as ben said use a but and bolt to hold it in which would be easier.

Drew
05-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Use an easy out to remove the old bolt...

WTF is it and drilling out bolts with people?

bennjamin
05-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Use an easy out to remove the old bolt...

WTF is it and drilling out bolts with people?

what is it with people not reading ? j/k.:p

(on any EK4 / EM1 / EK9 / DC2 / DC4) The chassis brace bolts are welded in and cannot be removed.That means a easy-out wont work.They have to be cut off or drilled out.

Drew
06-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh right yes those bolts...

I thought he meant the nut was welded to the chassis and the bolt going into that snapped...

My bad :P