PDA

View Full Version : getting koni's and currently using king super lows

d15z1SUX
05-05-2007, 05:09 PM
im getting sum koni yellows and i have king super lows. just thinking that the king super lows may be the weak link and im wondering if i get some better springs will it help much.

it will be mainly for street but im not too worried about having a harsh ride.

also what settings to you use or recommend for the koni's.

i was thinking eibach springs also them ground control "coilover type" springs and maybe tein springs but im unsure of which type of tein springs.

also what is a good spring rate and which brand of springs offer it.

DNYALL
05-05-2007, 06:00 PM
I am using Koni yellows with King superlows. When the damping is set to the hardest it puts out a pretty solid ride i think. I have had my car in the hills plenty of times and it does very well for itself.

I wouldn't worry bout upgrading your springs man. Unless u got some cash left over. they should be fine.

At first i set my koni's to the lowest setting, but was sitting way to low with the king superlows. atm it is sitting on the highest perch at the front and the second perch on the back. :thumbsup:

vteccoupe
05-05-2007, 06:14 PM
eibach+koni = best combination...
however im using kings low springs w konis..it serve me well..

d15z1SUX
05-05-2007, 06:31 PM
ah okay thx. yeh actually i guess i should know judging by the speed vteccoupe goes thru the hills LOL.

string
08-05-2007, 09:34 PM
King's Lowering springs are far from a performance spring, if you think your car handles well with them and koni's just wait till you get in a car with stiffer rates all round.

Ground control use eibach springs by the way.

I had kings/stockshocks before I upgraded to koni's and I couldn't be happier with new springs. The king's sag and are just way to soft overall for decent performance. No ammount of increased damping could overcome.

muhhan
11-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Koni also make a shock spring combination pack. According to them the spring and shocks are matched to each individual application. You'd assume that they would make pretty decent springs to go with their shocks. Problem I found was that not many people seem to be able to get hold of the sports kit with the koni springs. Btw, you can't really go wrong with eibachs.

EG30
12-05-2007, 06:53 AM
I've got Kings Springs low with Koni yellows in my EG Si and I'm very happy with them. Didn't know what to expect after prev experience with mainly Eibach and Koni springs on BMWs I had in the past. I have to say they've far exceeded my expectations. Rides well yet plenty stiff enough and car doesn't get thrown offline over bumps even when hammering.

I have the front shocks set to softest setting and the rear to a 1/4 turn from softest. These settings work really well for me.

Mind you I have the whiteline adj rear sway bar with reinforcement bar which made the biggest difference for me. In terms of braces the cusco lower front brace made a huge difference in rigidity; much more than the top strut brace did.