PDA

View Full Version : USDM Rear Sway Bars for 8th gen civic

gerard
05-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Been reading about good handling gains from the retrofit of the civic Si rear sway bars. Wonder if there's an avenue to get them here.

US dealers will not ship to Australia

MKI4EVA
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Been reading about good handling gains from the retrofit of the civic Si rear sway bars. Wonder if there's an avenue to get them here.

I don't find theres any understeer to reduce as is atm. I gotta admit the tyres are sheet if you power up early on exit. But high speed or medium bends are fine.

I'd go for suspension first if you want to start tackling handling. Stock suspension is sh3t house cause you can feel the rigidity is there but the sus doesn't compliment it.

gerard
06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't find theres any understeer to reduce as is atm. I gotta admit the tyres are sheet if you power up early on exit. But high speed or medium bends are fine.

I'd go for suspension first if you want to start tackling handling. Stock suspension is sh3t house cause you can feel the rigidity is there but the sus doesn't compliment it.

Am I right in assuming we are not the only one to feel there is a lack of damping in the front?. I feel a sort of diagonal pitching momnt over some roads.
btw, Koni has a FSD strut for the civic FD. but its ex. I do not wat to spend too much money and am looking for simple solutions to this problem as I have commited funds into getting an additional car for the family...an Audi TT :-)

MKI4EVA
06-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Am I right in assuming we are not the only one to feel there is a lack of damping in the front?. I feel a sort of diagonal pitching momnt over some roads.
btw, Koni has a FSD strut for the civic FD. but its ex. I do not wat to spend too much money and am looking for simple solutions to this problem as I have commited funds into getting an additional car for the family...an Audi TT :-)

Yup dampening is a shocker. Good springs but once the springs get working theres no back up from the dampers. It's a shame when you consider we've got the 'sports' model.

dmx
11-05-2007, 08:19 PM

unfortunetely, u can't just add rear one to solve the problem.
To get full "impact", u have to add front + lower front+middle+rear.U will notice the different. Add again, change the wider tyres (of course should changed to bigger rims) plus coilover will give a huge different.
But once again, money talks :D :D :zip:
and audi tt is not a family car mate, it's definitely FOR YOU only !!! :D