PDA

View Full Version : camber/front upper control arms

integrica
01-07-2004, 10:46 PM
ok so im looking to get some adjustable front upper control arms so i can get my camber set so my car steers properly.

heres where i would like your help... i have a da9 and some of the kits ive seen are described as being for 90-01 tegs and some only list 94-01, which, of course, are the ones i want. the fact that some are said to fit all year models says to me that all should fit? can anyone confirm this for me either way? has anyone done it? has anyone got a spare 94-01 front upper control arm laying around that we could compare with mine?

FR33K
02-07-2004, 01:38 PM
hmmmm interesting...
not sure if dc control arms fit da's...
why do u want the 94-01 instead of the 90-01 ??
im not much help hehehe...

whtdc2
03-07-2004, 02:05 PM
I don't know if it will fit, but I have a set off my DC2R for sale. PM me if you need it.

tofu R
03-07-2004, 10:00 PM
r u running pos or neg camber?
ive got no idea what sussy is like on a DA
but i do know that americans use "washers"
to fix camber problems

integrica
04-07-2004, 03:02 AM
FR33K cos the ones advertised for 94-01 are skunk2 ones

whtdc2 well i dont wanna buy some without knowing if theyre going to fit but if you could take a few pics and send me a few measurements that would be awesome. are they adjustable?

tofu R the left is almost neutral and the right is 1.5 degrees neg. yeah the americans seem to have a bunch of little tricks for it

Redteg
04-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Washers can be used to fix the rear camber, as well as longer bolts for the upper control arm to body if you need to use quite a few washers. The front would need some type of adjustable arm or mount.

I'd assume different kits allow for different degrees of adjustment. I know u can get mounts which more or less 'offset' the upper arm further out by use of the two top bolts, whereas others are totally adjustable.

To summarise, I'd either call up a supplier/manufacturer or go off to a wrecker and just compare stock arms.

whtdc2
07-07-2004, 12:06 PM
here is the camber kit I want to sell, fully adjustable
http://www.letour.com.au/itr/camber.jpg

eknine
07-07-2004, 01:19 PM
nice looking omni/Skunk2 kit:) ....it is omni or Skunk2?

whtdc2
08-07-2004, 12:06 AM
nice looking omni/Skunk2 kit:) ....it is omni or Skunk2?
it is Skunk 2 camber kit

integrica
26-07-2004, 12:15 PM
[quote="whtdc2";p="104586"]here is the camber kit I want to sell, fully adjustable
[quote]

that is the camber kit i want to buy! but as said i dont know if it will fit a da9 properly, they look similar but nobody seem to know.

whtdc2 how much do you want for them?
depending on postage cost it might be worth getting them off you to find out what to you reckon?

egvtec
27-07-2004, 09:08 PM
if i was u i would go down to your local tyre/suspension place and see if they can gt a camber bolt first if all u want to do is to bring it back. Alot cheaper but they do not make them for every model. I got a kmac adjustable camber kit on my eg and it dnt feel like anything changed really but it was only to bring it back to 0' seen as though they didn't make bolts

whtdc2
28-07-2004, 09:31 AM
[quote="whtdc2";p="104586"]here is the camber kit I want to sell, fully adjustable
[quote]

that is the camber kit i want to buy! but as said i dont know if it will fit a da9 properly, they look similar but nobody seem to know.

whtdc2 how much do you want for them?
depending on postage cost it might be worth getting them off you to find out what to you reckon?
Thanks mate, but where about are you?? If youre in Melbourne, you can come and have a look!! I also a set of brand new J's rear camber kit for sale too

integrica
28-07-2004, 09:43 PM
im in sydney mate, thats the problem. dont suppose you wanna send them to me so i can see if they fit?

whtdc2
29-07-2004, 09:26 AM
LOL., just want to check how much it will cost me if I am going to send it to you. OK in this case $ 170.00 to your door. What do you think??