PDA

View Full Version : earthing points

qikteg
06-05-2007, 11:37 PM
i'm planning on doing a DIY earthing kit, but i'm not sure where i will have all my mounting points. so far i know i'll need to mount to the chassis, engine block and alternator, but where else should i hook it up to..

pics would be great for explaining if there are any

Nikki
07-05-2007, 01:48 AM
battery to chassis ground, battery to intake manifold
intake manifold to opposite side of the engine head from the engine head to the tranny
then from the engine head back to the battery

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6936

also might want to double check all those points, pretty sure its right tho

qikteg
07-05-2007, 07:59 AM
cheers, thats great!

bennjamin
07-05-2007, 08:36 AM
hey dude - the link above isnt relevant as its for a toyota not a honda. Sure the principle is the same but the locations are quite different.

To upgrade your grounds , there is 3 main points - gearbox cable , head cable and battery ground. The first 2 mentioned can be upgraded with some sort of noticeable difference ( IE with a thicker newer cable)

Nikki
07-05-2007, 12:03 PM
hey dude - the link above isnt relevant as its for a toyota not a honda. Sure the principle is the same but the locations are quite different.

To upgrade your grounds , there is 3 main points - gearbox cable , head cable and battery ground. The first 2 mentioned can be upgraded with some sort of noticeable difference ( IE with a thicker newer cable)

lol yea i know.. it was just for him to see how they did the pics and the layout of the whole thing..

bennjamin
07-05-2007, 09:26 PM
lol yea i know.. it was just for him to see how they did the pics and the layout of the whole thing..

have u found one on the net for a HONDA yet ? i cant see one in the DIY section of ozhonda -

Nikki
08-05-2007, 01:21 PM
have u found one on the net for a HONDA yet ? i cant see one in the DIY section of ozhonda -

gosh someone's cranky today.. as i said it was just for a layout