PDA

View Full Version : any cure for it?

Milk
02-07-2004, 02:36 AM
hi hi
just asking u know that eg civic on the side view there is this black hard plastic strip that divides the door handle and the bottom ...if any1 know what i am talking about just wanna ask wether i can respray that to the same colour as the car or i need to change it or pull it out
thanks
milk

ts0nda
02-07-2004, 02:59 AM
hey ive got the same problem!

ive seen a guy on jdmcivic.com, he restrayed his mat black but it didnt really show a detailed photo on how well it come up.

geo41e
02-07-2004, 07:52 AM
tka eof the clipping....but try not to bend it..there are multiple clips on there..bout 6 -8 ??

and spray it then..my right one cracked..so l'm sourcing for another one

traNce_gl
02-07-2004, 04:33 PM
yeh im gonna re spray all thoes to , thoes little stripes round the windo u just take them of , i haerd hard job putting them back

Milk
02-07-2004, 10:58 PM
thnx thnx
then i get jr to do it
how much u guys thinks if i get some1 to respray for me
n how to not break

LatinoHatchCrap
03-07-2004, 09:33 AM
It'll cost about 150-250 to spray. I wouldnt take them off. Those clips willbreak very easily. Honda designed those mouldings to go in once. Maybe you should have a go at respray them :)

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=489625

Doesnt look too hard.

SIKCVC
04-07-2004, 08:43 PM
huh where abouts are you talking about? on the door handle?

Nuttz
04-07-2004, 09:41 PM
i think he is talking about the side mouldings strips.

SiR JDM
06-07-2004, 03:09 AM
on the door handle?

now that its mentioned.... :D ... issit easy enough to get those resprayed for people who... own say.. EG Breezes =)?

VTEChnique
06-07-2004, 11:02 AM
hi hi
just asking u know that eg civic on the side view there is this black hard plastic strip that divides the door handle and the bottom ...if any1 know what i am talking about just wanna ask wether i can respray that to the same colour as the car or i need to change it or pull it out
thanks
milk

Do you mean the strips in the middle of the door (side-mouldings/bump-strips) or the metal trim that literally goes along the bottom of the window that originally is painted with a rubber-black coating.. like where you lean your arm..

If this is what you mean.. mine are cracking with the rubber paint coming off also and IMO it brings the whole look of the car down..

how do I get these off ??

honda_b_blastn
06-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Dont take them off..they wil crack the clips,no honda wreckers will sell you these without the doors in Brisbane.If you must paint them do so on the car.

civicboy
06-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Dont take them off..they wil crack the clips,no honda wreckers will sell you these without the doors in Brisbane.If you must paint them do so on the car.like he said.....dont take it off; just get it painted by the pro..it aint tha expensive :)

Z
07-07-2004, 01:18 PM
To properly remove the side moldings, you have to actually remove panels (front fender, door panel, and rear whatever it is) then remove the molds from behind. Seems like alot of work. As everyone else said, paint them on the car, like I am going to do.