PDA

View Full Version : Ice Link Plus R3- Accord Euro

marckietan
07-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi all
Need some help. Am in Sydney and am looking for someone reliable to help me install my Dension Ice Link Plus I20- Honda- R3 into my Accord Euro.
Is there anyone reliable you could recommend?
thanks

cutchorama
09-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I also just bought a Dension I20-Honda-R3 Ice Link Plus kit. I live in brisbane though so if anyody in brisbane knows how to install one please contact me.

I'd rather pay an enthusiast rather than a random at Northfield (no offense to Northfield).

enkay
10-05-2007, 12:59 AM
you could do it yourself =D
use this link to help u =D (youtube vid) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xm8b4WXCmQ)

otherwise u could try thecarkitcomapy (http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au) but i think they are expensive

Fhrx
10-05-2007, 02:08 PM
You're welcome to give us a ring. :)

marckietan
10-05-2007, 02:46 PM
thanks guys! the video looks great and I might give it a go this weekend!

cheers

marc

marckietan
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
for all who are interested, you can get the ice link plus for the accord euro on ebay. i got mine from canada and it cost me just over 70 aussie dollars including postage.

and the video above should give you all the info you need to install the item. it is really easy to install!

marc

cutchorama
26-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Just bought mine from eBay for $50 delivered.

Installed it no problems at all. Looks pretty cool with the Ipod in the CD compartment under the CD player. Thanks for the vid enkay!

JaCe
27-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but is there an easy way to find out which Ice Link products are compatible with say the Honda Civic 2006 VTi-L? I've been googling but not sure if American compatibility = Aussie compatibility since I have the indash CD-stacker (but apparently on other threads the AUX input is free).

cutchorama
28-05-2007, 01:30 PM
try at dension.com

I called up northfield and asked them the price of the install and what item they used. They guaranteed me that when they installed a I20-dension-R3 into my car I could use it through my steering wheel etc. So I just took note of what they were going to put in my car and picked it up off eBay.

At the moment I don't recommend getting one though, since my install I have noticed a whistle feedback through my speakers that correlate with my RPM. I think it is due to un-earthed wires picking up feedback from other components in my dash. I may have it touching another earthed cradle somewhere but I won't know for sure until the weekend. I will keep you posted.

JaCe
28-05-2007, 08:50 PM
The guys on Ebay reckon R3 is the one to go for with the Civic 2006 so I might go ahead with it.

cutchorama
02-06-2007, 03:43 PM
As promised:

It is all good, I was getting interference through the connection where the wire from the HU meets the Dension adapter. Re-did the electrical tape, re-positioned the Dension adapter so it was not sitting above the transmission and all is good (for now at least).

aeuro
13-06-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm thinking of buying and fitting a Dension Ice Link Plus I20-Honda-R3 but I've got the following questions please -

1. Do any of you still experience any interference on your audio from your iPods or MP3 players?

2. What exactly will the satellite stereo controls on the steering wheel do to the iPod - skip current song?

3. Is this Denison compatible with the current (2nd gen) iPod nano?

4. Are there any special tricks to the installation?

Thanks. :wave:

aeuro
13-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Also, will the Denison unit charge the ipod ? (very important)

cutchorama
13-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I installed my dension adapter and originally got interference due to not insulating the plug properly.

I am currently having an issue with my HU not going to CD mode and not recognising the ipod when it is plugged in. The dension FAQ said to simply take the fuse out of the HU to reset it, I am going to try this tonight. I will let you know at about 7pm or so how it goes.

Apart from this (only started yesterday), my dension works great. The music from the ipod is not as loud as the radio / CDs but only slightly.

The ashtray compartment can be tricky to get out aswell, I used a flat head to pry the front clip off while pressing the little clip underneath. If you need any in-detail help watch that video or PM me.

aeuro
13-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks cutch but do you know if it is compatible with the current second gen ipod nano and if it will charge the ipod please?
Your insulation tape won't provide any electrical shielding from radiated emissions - you would need braid for that, grounded at one or either end. Sounds like you may have had a loose connection or some exposed wire touching another conductor if the insulation tape made a difference.

cutchorama
13-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I used electrical tape to secure the plug and hide any exposed wires. but to answer your questions:

1. Do any of you still experience any interference on your audio from your iPods or MP3 players?

Nope

2. What exactly will the satellite stereo controls on the steering wheel do to the iPod - skip current song?

volume + & - changes the volume on the HU not on the Ipod. Search + & - changes the track you are listening to

3. Is this Denison compatible with the current (2nd gen) iPod nano?

Yes it is, I use the 40g video ipod

4. Are there any special tricks to the installation?

as mentioned before

5. Will the Denison unit charge the ipod?

Yes your ipod is charged by the dension adapter

aeuro
13-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks cutch. I'm think I'm going to buy one off of ebay.

aeuro
13-06-2007, 12:58 PM
The Denison being offered on ebay ($72 AUS) is known there as "DENSION ICE LINK PLUS Sys. for APPLE IPOD, I20-HONDA-R3" whereas on Desion's website they list the ILPRHB1CR1 for the Acura TSX.

Cutch, which model did you buy?

There is this http://www.advancedice.com.au/product_details.php?number=21145neo but for $319!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutchorama
13-06-2007, 01:18 PM
i bought the icelink dension plus I20-Honda-R3

that neo advance does not come with cradle but it will come with a warranty. there is alot of bugs with the ice-link adapter, just google "dension problems". Alot of people said theirs works fine, and so did mine (assuming I can fix it tonight lol). the neo advance can also display video if you buy the cradle for an extra 99 bucks (if you have a screen in your car).

Tis a risk, if you buy from eBay but you could save a dick load of money.

aeuro
13-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks again mate. I'll *try real hard* to hold buying the ebay unit for the moment and will wait to see how you go tonight. The dension unit sure does look nice though!

cutchorama
13-06-2007, 01:39 PM
they have some nice cradles as well that do not need to drill your car. somewhere in the forums here.

Also, go to www.ebay.com (note not .com.au)

search "dension honda", there you will see alot of international sellers selling the R3 for cheaper. talk soon! (I should really get back to work, heh)

aeuro
13-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Cutch, I just spoke to a person from a company selling the Dension Ice Link Plus for the Honda Accord Euro here in Australia. I told him about the units being sold in ebay and he reckoned -

1. The R3 models of Ice Link Plus (as on sale on ebay) are old and I need the new 'HONDA B' model of Ice Link Plus for a 2006 Honda Accord Euro.

2. The Acura stereos are Pioneer whereas our are Alpine, meaning that there may be problems when buying an Ice Link Plus from Canada to use in our Euros here.

These are important points. I'm wary. Given these differences, you've taken some risk and could've damaged your oem stereo.

cutchorama
13-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Nope, it works well, just needed a reset. Works fine now, didn't seem to like swapping to the Ipod UI mode...

enkay
13-06-2007, 08:53 PM
o sweet as... i ordered mine on sunday haha woot =P shall come next week hehe

aeuro
13-06-2007, 10:49 PM
cutch, mind if I give you a heads up in a couple of weeks time? I want to see how you go for a while before ordering one myself.
The HondaB version of the Denison Ice Link Plus sells for $300 here, yet I can buy the older superseded R3 version off of ebay for $42AU. That's a big difference in price making me wonder what is different between the two.

JaCe
15-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I think the one off eBay IS the old one.. because it says it supports 4G iPods and stuff (but not the Video like the one on the Dension site).

enkay
19-06-2007, 08:07 PM
haha well i got the old one if thats the case, no worries thou.. hehe
it arrived today thou =D gonna install it 2morro after college woot
no more burning cds for me

JaCe
19-06-2007, 10:12 PM
LOL that's my reaction/use for it. Happens to work with the iPod Video after all so I'm considering getting LCD screen for it too =]

aeuro
20-06-2007, 09:09 AM
I'll be interested to hear how you guys go please.

I've just tried the Kensington FM transmitter with my ipod in the Euro and sadly it wasn't up to scratch. The quality of the music reproduction was fine for artists such as Lisa Gerrard as the volume of her music doesn't change rapidly, whereas Iron Maiden and Jimmy Hendrix sounded awful. The audio would distort whenever vocals appeared in the track, I suspect because the volume changes rapidly and this causes distortion. No problem with the music being loud enough in general though. I'm returning the product.

So now I have three options -

1. Buy the old R3 version Dension. Of course it IS the old version if it's being sold on the web for 40 bucks guys! The new version is known as the H4 or B4 (I forget now).

2. Buy the new version of Dension for $300 and install it myself.

3. Find the pinout of the Euro's setero aux port, then find the ipod electrical specification and build my own interface. While I have the know how, I don't have the time which is typical.

Cutch, how is your Dension going please?

Hopefully the R3 Dension works out for you guys.

PS. God that wavey hand smiley on this forum is Gay.

JaCe
20-06-2007, 11:58 PM
I also wonder what the big differences in features between old and new is..

... my best guess is the new one has the AUX-IN input on the adaptor so you can use it like an AUX-IN cable too (as my old R3 doesn't have this feature despite it being mentioned in the ICELINK PLUS manual on the dension website). There may be other user-features; but everything else seems to work fine for me on the old R3 (playlists, ipod UI mode, steering wheel controls, etc..)- and in all honesty, if all you want is iPod to work with perfect quality and steering wheel controls, I find it hard to see how the new one is any different/better. If you can live without the wheel controls, you could always save and buy a standard AUX-IN port and use that to hook up your iPod.

JaCe
21-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Some photos;

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/2275/densionipodr3minicivicfft1.th.jpg (http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=densionipodr3minicivicfft1.jpg) http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/5910/densionipodr3minicivicfjy1.th.jpg (http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=densionipodr3minicivicfjy1.jpg) http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/8559/densionipodr3minicivicfkt8.th.jpg (http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=densionipodr3minicivicfkt8.jpg) http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/7800/densionipodr3minicivicfll8.th.jpg (http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=densionipodr3minicivicfll8.jpg)

aeuro
21-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys.

I bought a Kenisington wireless FM tramsitter for the car which just didn't work well enough. It distorted on high pitches in the songs no matter how well it was tuned. I've returned it and I'll buy one of these R3 densions today.

Cheers.

JaCe
21-06-2007, 10:42 AM
If you get it off eBay, I do recommend that dude I bought it from. I didn't get it as cheap as others (didn't see any $40 ones!) but he did provide me with a lot of support when I kept emailing stupid questions regarding install, compatibility, etc... I guess this isn't such a priority for you since you already know the exact model you want, but for me, I was quite scared of buying the wrong thing!

cutchorama
26-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Mine is still working fine. I'm just about to alter my audio set up significantly though.

aeuro
05-07-2007, 09:33 AM
I've received my Dension Ice Link Plus and will install it this weekend. The ipod nano doesn't sit that well in the cradle since the connector on the ipod isn't centrally located. It still does fit though and I will either make something out of foam to suuport the nano int he cradle or I will buy the correct bracket.

A couple of questions though -
Did you guys remove power from the Euro's stereo before installing the Ice Link? Did you disconnect the battery or remove the radio fuse?

How do I reset the Euro's stereo if need be?

I would also like to know how others have mounted the cradle please. I don't want to drill any holes in the dash of course for the 4 screws. I was thinking of screwing the cradle to a plate of some kind and then using velcro to attach that to the dash, just above my left knee.

Photos would be really nice :)

aeuro
05-07-2007, 09:57 AM
$50! Ouch!
http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/Content_Common/pr-car-kits-for-mobile-phones-and-PDA-accessories_car-kits-for-mobile-phones-and-PDA-clicon-dashmounts.seo

22 Pounds! Ouch!
http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Accessories/Upgrade_Cradles%20Cables/Active_Cradle_for_iPod_nano

I think I'll knock something up myself!

EuroDude
05-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Can you upgrade the firmware in the Dension IceLink?

I updated my iPods firmware, and the IceLink doesnt see the iPod now (I cannot control teh ipod using the steering wheel buttons). But the audio still goes through.

aeuro
05-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Reminder to self. Do not update ipod firmware.

Bummer Eurodude. Worth a check of the Dension website or an email to them.

cutchorama
05-07-2007, 03:08 PM
yea ouch i reckon aye. Make sure you disable your battery because you don't want to hurt your electronics. and to reset your HU the easy way is just to unhook your battery for 30 sec.

JaCe
05-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Isn't the Icelink firmware updatable by downloading some mp3 and putting it on your iPod? *shrugs* Can't remember but as others suggested, ask Dension.

EuroDude
06-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah I found the "Start_Update.mp3" file, but I cant find the actual firmware anywhere. Dension dont have it on their site.

ps. got my icelink working again, out of the blue it detected it was connected to a honda and works fine now.

EuroDude
06-07-2007, 12:09 PM
What firmware version do u guys have? You can see the version when the IceLink starts up, or if you press/hold "CD6" on the Honda Deck to access the icelink setup menu

Mine is ICEV23.04 (3.04)

EDIT I found the new 3.06 firmware, no thanks to dension as they dont provide us with icelink firmwares on their site anymore
here is the link: http://install.dension.com/ICE-LINK_PLUS_FW_306.exe

History of Ice>Link Plus 3.0x firmwares
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ICEV2-3.06

Bug fixes:
- Improved Program FLASH write algorithm

New features:

Known Bugs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ICEV2-3.05

Bug fixes:
- Fixed iPod UI mode with iPod 5G (Video).
- Fixed firmware version displaying at Warning message. The new format is:
ICEV2-3.05

New features:
- Kenwood interface support.
- Improved iPod UI mode. New features:
CD1 + FFWD/REWD = Fast Forward/Rewind
CD2 + FFWD/REWD = Next/Previous Playlist
CD3 + FFWD/REWD = Next/Previous Album
CD3 + FFWD/REWD = Next/Previous Chapter
Note: The extended key set above is not accessible with iPod 3G

Known Bugs:

Firmware upgrade recommended for the following car interfaces and users:
-

New features:
- Added Ford(ACP) interface.
Version 3.04 now containes the following car interfaces:
- Honda (B)
- FORD(ACP) Compatible with most Ford headunits built before 2004,
- JVC

Bug fixes:
- Communication bug fixed. The previous version (3.03) generated faulty
packets at power up/down and disc decrement.

Known Bugs:
-

Go to the Dension support page for update instructions: http://support.dension.com/support-center/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=8

And here is the dension technical bulletin which has heaps of firmware information http://www.halmaclean.co.uk/_files/iceLink/DensionTechBulletin_A0009.pdf

There is also version 3.T3 but I'm not sure if its compatible with Honda/Acura
If you are willing to try 3.T3, let us know how it goes: http://install.dension.com/ICE-LINK_PLUS_FW_3T3.exe

EuroDude
09-07-2007, 07:09 PM
For those who are having trouble updating the firmware, here is how:

Download and extract ICE-LINK_PLUS_FW_306 to a folder on your PC. For example c:\ICE306\, you will end up with hundreds of small mp3 files in that folder.

Then launch iTunes and attach your iPod. Then go to the File Menu and click "Add folder to library" and specify the c:\ICE306\ folder.

iTunes will add all the files to the iTunes library. Then Sync iTunes with your iPod to copy the files to your iPod.

Then disconnect the iPod and power it on, go into Music->Genre->Update->Menu->Start_Update.mp3 (I think thats the path) and start playing the Start_Update.mp3 file.

Now go to your car and turn on the ignition (you dont need to start the engine), and change the Music Mode on the Honda Deck to CDC (CD Changer). Now plug your iPod into the IceLink while its playing Start_Update.mp3.

The iPod should start updating the firmware within a few seconds, and takes about 5 minutes to complete. DO NOT TURN OFF THE IGNITION while its updating as you could corrupt the IceLinks' firmware.

It should now say ICEV2-3.06 when you see the "Dont Browse while driving" warning message.

Darf
27-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm an Ozhonda newb and this is my 1st post since joining. (My old car was a nissan...)

I have a black 6MT euro (I couldn't afford the lux-o model :mad:)

Anyway, getting to my point:

I just installed my I20-Honda-R3 based on what I have read on this forum and I think its awesome. Sounds great, installations a breeze and and it only cost me 100bux delivered.

I just want to address some technicalities with the firmware updates as it took me a good few hours to work this out.

You need to install the firmwares in order of release: I wanted to install the 3.05 firmware so that I could use the skip album feature and I had version 3.02. I tried countless times in install 3.05 but to no avail so I tried 3.04- which worked straight away. I then tried 3.05, which also worked 1st try.

----BEFORE you can install 3.05, you must FIRST install 3.04.----

I hope this helps anyone struggling with the same problem.

The skip album works a treat and I think makes using the Ice>link a whole lot easier that reaching down for the ipod.....

My ice>link came with a cradle which is currently banging around in the bin below the HU. I guess figuring how I'm going to mount that comes next...

Major kudos to eurodude for finding the firmware!!!:wave:

aeuro
31-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I have the Dension Ice Link Plus all installed and it works very well.

I mounted the PCB on the inside of the centre console plastic using Velcro with adhesive backing. I then ran the cable into the glove box and I have the cradle sitting in there away from prying eyes. To cater for the iPod Nano, I shaped a piece of foam to sit between the cradle and the iPod. This all works a treat!

Some songs sounded a bit too 'crisp' so I deleted everything on the iPod and re sampled my CDs using the highest quality option in iTunes, with error correction enabled. That made a difference and I am very happy with the sound quality now.

Thanks to all those who helped - An iPod hardwired to the Euro's stereo for $70 AUD!

jnancarrow
17-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I just installed an Icelink in my 07 Euro Lux. I bought it off ebay for A$99 shipped. I got sent an older Honda-A version, but it's working fine. I actually found navigating the playlists with the Head Unit REALLY annoying, so I switched it to iPod control and it's great.

It took me about 20 minutes to get everything out, 20 minutes pissing about drilling a hole in the console box and about 30 minutes buggering about to set the thing to iPod control.

Darf
18-08-2007, 01:41 PM
When I posted last I had the cradle and ipod banging around in the centre bin on the console and I hadn't figured out what the hell to do with it. Since then I have had a sicky/work from home/slept in kinda day. -rest assured I did NOT do any work.

Instead I devoted this day to finding a way to mount the Ipod in my car. It had to be visable/usable while driving, or at least stopped at traffic lights . It also had to be somewere it could easily be hidden while parked. I think the answer is pretty obvious, but I'm pretty happy witht the result and want to inspire all you glovebox-mounted battlers...

The only reason I did not do this originally is that I coudn't see how I could slide the ipod into the cradle as the roof of the storage bin is too low. After spending the previous saturday trying ideas with mounts that could be leaned forward to help inserting the ipod or a telescopic mount that came far enough out to let me drop it in, it turns out that you can just push the ipod in from the front by bending one of the sides outwards slightly. This sounds a bit nasty, but give it a try- the plastic is very flexible. You may also notice a big white circle on the cradle, this is a self-adhesive pad that was supposed to go on the bottom of a chair etc to stop it from scratching the floorboards. My ipod is the super-skinny 30Gb model and this white pad was the perfect thickness for a nice snug fit and is fuzzy on the front so the ultra-scratchable ipod is kept in mint condition.

Check out my pics! (Disclaimer- If you are offended by dirty honda interiors, please leave the site now)

All the mount is made of is a wooden triangle cut at about 80 degrees, with the cradle screwed on one side and some bad-ass double sided tape on the other. A little bit of black spray paint and bob's your uncle. It does help if you have bits of wood lying around the yard and a 12 hundred dollar chop saw at your disposal, but thats what parents are for!

The dog also played an important role in the installation - and also I couldn't remember which filename that photo was. There is no way I could have done it without the gifts of tennis balls and my old socks she brought me throughout the morning...

On another topic: Firmware 3.05 is awesome. Get it. Simple as that.

Use Ipod UI mode, put disc number on 3. You can skip tracks with the HU's track buttons and skip albums the the HU's ff/rw buttons.

Eurodude I have a high 5 with your name on it!

JaCe
26-08-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm planning to install the new firmware on my Dension tonight.

Quick question though guys- does anyone know if there's an adaptor for the cradle to fit the 5G Video 30gb in?

Regarding sound quality, I noticed there's a definite difference between my iPod Mini and the 5G Video- the 5G has much better production and the bass doesn't sound so "empty" despite having identical MP3 files and no change in EQ settings.

phantom
24-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Hi, im thinking of ordering the IceLink of ebay for my Euro04 to use with my new Ipod Classic 80gb that was released a few weeks ago by Apple.

So, one thing I am confused :o abt is if I can still use my CDs? How do you switch between the Ipod and inDash CD player?

Thanks heaps. :wave:

EuroDude
24-09-2007, 09:28 AM
phantom, Yes you can still use the original 6CD in the dash. Simply change the Mode form CDC to CD

JaCe, The Icelink cradle holds the 5G 60GB iPod snug, but you need a spacer for the 30GB. I cant remember if the Icelink comes with a spacer, but you can just use a piece of foam or something. I have the 30GB and have no spacer, it sits fine despite being a bit loose.

JaCe
25-09-2007, 01:31 PM
phantom, Yes you can still use the original 6CD in the dash. Simply change the Mode form CDC to CD

JaCe, The Icelink cradle holds the 5G 60GB iPod snug, but you need a spacer for the 30GB. I cant remember if the Icelink comes with a spacer, but you can just use a piece of foam or something. I have the 30GB and have no spacer, it sits fine despite being a bit loose.

LOL I'm actually in the process of convincing my sister to get a new iPod (so I can take her old 4G iPod 20gb which should fit snug too). No spacers were included so if I want my 5G 30GB to fit, I need to find something to hold it in. I was just a bit worried it'll snap backwards if pushed too hard and damage the dock connector underneath.

ralphy
28-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Hey Guys,

Does any one know if the Ice Link works on the Civic Type-R ? i really didnt want to pay $600 for it from the dealer !

Cheers
Ralphy

EuroDude
28-09-2007, 11:58 PM
^ Most of the new Honda's have the new style Honda CD Changer interface, so yes it *should* work. Especially considering the new FD Civic is compatible with the IceLink HONDA-B cable.

If you have a look under the head unit, there should be an empty 9x2 connector like this (icelink is connected in this pic):

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8656/image3ge5.jpg

ralphy
29-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks i will have a look

Ralphy

JaCe
30-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey Guys,

Does any one know if the Ice Link works on the Civic Type-R ? i really didnt want to pay $600 for it from the dealer !

Cheers
Ralphy

As mentioned before, if it is same as Civic FD (i.e. the sedan) then check out my thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68964 . Bought it off eBay.

I'm pretty sure it'll be fine but maybe try asking on a UK forum where they may be more experienced with this.

phantom
01-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi ..Could someone please post a link of eBAY USA that I should be purchasing for my Accord Euro 04 and my new iPod Classic (80gb the latest release). Thanks heaps :)

cutchorama
02-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Small issue, my iPod is not as loud as my CD or radio. I have updated firmware and ipod is running on 4v. Is it just my dension unit or is t common?

JaCe
02-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Hmm... my iPod Mini feels a slightly bit softer but not enough to make a substantial difference when set to the maimum V.

As for the iPod Classic... it should be compatible with the standard Icelink Dock connector AFAIK

EuroDude
03-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Small issue, my iPod is not as loud as my CD or radio. I have updated firmware and ipod is running on 4v. Is it just my dension unit or is t common?

Mine is running on 4v and the Radio a bit louder, but not by a huge amount.

anexiole
24-07-2008, 10:36 PM
for all who are interested, you can get the ice link plus for the accord euro on ebay. i got mine from canada and it cost me just over 70 aussie dollars including postage.

and the video above should give you all the info you need to install the item. it is really easy to install!

marc

hello there
Would this unit work for a 2003 Euro Luxury? I have some one having one which works with a 2005 Euro Standard model.

Thanks

anexiole
01-08-2008, 03:25 PM
hmmm can you please repost your pics?? :)

thanks!:D

When I posted last I had the cradle and ipod banging around in the centre bin on the console and I hadn't figured out what the hell to do with it. Since then I have had a sicky/work from home/slept in kinda day. -rest assured I did NOT do any work.

Instead I devoted this day to finding a way to mount the Ipod in my car. It had to be visable/usable while driving, or at least stopped at traffic lights . It also had to be somewere it could easily be hidden while parked. I think the answer is pretty obvious, but I'm pretty happy witht the result and want to inspire all you glovebox-mounted battlers...

The only reason I did not do this originally is that I coudn't see how I could slide the ipod into the cradle as the roof of the storage bin is too low. After spending the previous saturday trying ideas with mounts that could be leaned forward to help inserting the ipod or a telescopic mount that came far enough out to let me drop it in, it turns out that you can just push the ipod in from the front by bending one of the sides outwards slightly. This sounds a bit nasty, but give it a try- the plastic is very flexible. You may also notice a big white circle on the cradle, this is a self-adhesive pad that was supposed to go on the bottom of a chair etc to stop it from scratching the floorboards. My ipod is the super-skinny 30Gb model and this white pad was the perfect thickness for a nice snug fit and is fuzzy on the front so the ultra-scratchable ipod is kept in mint condition.

Check out my pics! (Disclaimer- If you are offended by dirty honda interiors, please leave the site now)

All the mount is made of is a wooden triangle cut at about 80 degrees, with the cradle screwed on one side and some bad-ass double sided tape on the other. A little bit of black spray paint and bob's your uncle. It does help if you have bits of wood lying around the yard and a 12 hundred dollar chop saw at your disposal, but thats what parents are for!

The dog also played an important role in the installation - and also I couldn't remember which filename that photo was. There is no way I could have done it without the gifts of tennis balls and my old socks she brought me throughout the morning...

On another topic: Firmware 3.05 is awesome. Get it. Simple as that.

Use Ipod UI mode, put disc number on 3. You can skip tracks with the HU's track buttons and skip albums the the HU's ff/rw buttons.

Eurodude I have a high 5 with your name on it!

anexiole
08-08-2008, 03:58 PM
hey guys
anyone with any nice pics of ICE LINK installs on their Euros?
Got mine from a honda member here. Top bloke!

anexiole
11-08-2008, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ebOwnOJi0o hope it helps (anyone who wants to use Dension Ice Link for Euro)

you could do it yourself =D
use this link to help u =D (youtube vid) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xm8b4WXCmQ)

otherwise u could try thecarkitcomapy (http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au) but i think they are expensive

sraphael
25-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey there everyone, what if i want to plug an apline ex-10 into my my06 sat nav euro? all i want to do is covert the rear 14 pin input to an aux input so i can connect the ex-10.

Any suggestions on what i could use?

anexiole
25-10-2008, 11:00 PM
this thread is for Ice Link Plus R3. Might want to repost someplace else.

rayd
26-10-2009, 06:40 AM
another old thread dig up...

i cant seem to find a I20-Honda-R3 anymore on ebay... there is a R2, but its too old for my ipod... there is this though:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dension-Icelink-Plus-iPOD-Adapter-Kit-for-Honda-Accura_W0QQitemZ320423415502QQihZ011QQcategoryZ583 50QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo %3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26ps%3D6#ht_1506wt_11 67

any idea's if it will work??

~Ray

ROBERT
29-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I wish to install an ipod into my 2005 Euro; I have studied the threads regarding this and viewed the Utube video on the installation of the Dension 120-Honda-R3 posted by ‘enkay’ (Thank you very much for this). My car has a slightly different plug arrangement behind the CD compartment as shown in the video but there is a vacant rectangular socket which I presume is where I would plug in the ICE LINK. There is a blue plug next to the vacant one.

Before I purchase the Dension unit off eBay I wish to confirm a couple of things.

1. Is the Dension 120-Honda-R3 the correct unit for my car? My ipod is a 16GB unit bought in the last 6 months, so I presume it is a current model. I only wish to play music.
2. I found on eBay a Dension Ice- Link Plus to suit Acura/Honda for US$19-95, it looks like the same pink container as in the Utube video is this the correct one?
3. Is there anyone out there who has fitted this unit whom I may PM for me to gain more confidence in the task ahead?