PDA

View Full Version : Race: EG Vs EF

SIKCVC
11-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Hey guys, tonight on my way home from the twisties I noticed an EF, dumped zorst the rest. SOO I thought I'd give him a run off at the next set of lights. Now I'm not much of a dragger(pretty crappy really) but even still an EF with zorst and airfiler(prosuming)??? ANywho story goes we took off at the lights and I kept about a bonnets length infront reving it to 6500 each gear, we stayed at that up to -20(guess the missing number) then he backed off.
Car profiles(from what I could see).
mine:
EG hatch
advantages
ZC with
cat back and pod
lightweight wheels

disadvantages
HUGE sub box (no boot space) the subs and amp
crappy driver :p

The EF Hatch
Advantages
Zorst
stockie wheels(fair light)

disadvantages
Pasanger
and(SORT OF)
He shifted about 500revs before me each shift.

I wanna know how he could have kept up???
I didn;t hear any Vtec so it doubt it was an Ef-9

I thought he might have the D16a8 as well and just his less weight (then passenger) ment we were around the same weight, if you get what I mean. So it was just a better launch then his early shifting that kept me in front???

whats your thoughts guys?

mo
12-10-2003, 01:20 AM
maybe u r a shit driver? :lol: jkz

bumthology
12-10-2003, 01:58 AM
CRX.. will OWN!
lol

civicboy
12-10-2003, 02:11 AM
hehehe wana go 4 a run? SIKCVC :wink: hehehe jks

Rowie
12-10-2003, 09:40 AM
lol... :D EF's aren't that bad are they?? 8)

Rowie
12-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Turbo EF with ZC engine :shock:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/nosajuf/

SIKCVC
12-10-2003, 05:14 PM
nah it was a civic :p not a CRX. I'm pretty crappy but still he must have had something decent. The thing i forgot to mention was that we had to turn a corner, as in turning left at the lights, although it was only about a 50 degree turn. i was on the left so i had heaps of room to go wide. My shitty tread ment it started spinning as i went round the corner when it got up around 6.

meh i dun get it but i'll get over it when i mod my car :p then I'll run you ;)

Rufes1
12-10-2003, 06:17 PM
did you both launch the same? He may have done mods you dont know about so you cant really presume it to be stock. Theres heaps he coula done.

SIKCVC
12-10-2003, 11:10 PM
thats what I'm trying to figure out? yeah we launched at the same time, pulled though 1st the same then 2nd i pulled a little ahead then it stayed like that till we back off.

Calvo
12-10-2003, 11:40 PM
well if it was a stock vtec engine, u cant really notice the vtec noise. just a whole lot of engine noise as ur at higher rpms.
u can only really hear it if u change air filter, etc.

well on my accord anyway :D:D:D:D

VTEChnique
13-10-2003, 01:57 PM
ZC in EF civic is VERY common swap... friend of mine had done it YEARS ago..

the dual-carb, DOHC ZC was a popular early Honda Performance engine-swap pre-VTEC days.

ZC DOHC from an AUDM CRX will bolt up to an EF HB pretty easy..

SIKCVC
13-10-2003, 07:05 PM
thats what I was think, or perhaps a b16a. The car seemed VERY sleeperish, stock looking zorst and stock wheels, nothing fancy AT ALL. so I think he was just playing with me. I feel so used :p never the less if anyone knows him I'd like to check out what he has.

nick

PS the car was black

Setanta
14-10-2003, 12:01 AM
well if it was a stock vtec engine, u cant really notice the vtec noise. just a whole lot of engine noise as ur at higher rpms.
u can only really hear it if u change air filter, etc.

well on my accord anyway :D:D:D:D

You sure as hell can on mine and it's stock - well - firewall forward you can, I run a stock EF9 exhaust.

BTW - you ran against an ED... EF's are JDM and EEs are European, even though they are the same car - look under the hood of an Aussie '88-'91 and you'll see JHMED as its VIN

They weigh a fair bit less than an EG in the first place and the motor in stock form is 98bhp - and you wonder why it was pretty quick? ;) A stock B16A powered EF or ED will smoke a stock EG unless its an 170bhp EG6 SiR so I doubt that you were up against one :)