PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed! Dash Clusters

mrpsi
09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Hello guys.

Just need to raise a question in regards to dashboard clusters.

I own a JAN 99 CIVIC CXI 3DR MANUAL (http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/vehicle/specs.php?key=HOND99RH)
That exact car in that link.

i am just wanting to install a new cluster as i dont have a rpm gauge in my standard cluster and this ticks me off a little. i also dont want to install a little gauge that just tacks onto the dash as i think they loook sh*t.

i want to replace it with another genuine honda cluster which includes the rpm gauge. i have located a

- HONDA EK-4 Civic Sir OEM Gauge Cluster, This item removed from 1998y Civic Sir in Japan

Questions

- will this item bolt straight into my dash with no modifications at all? (all the mounts and screws will match up?)

- will all the lights and gauges work without any additional wiring? (if not what wont work and what wiring will have to be modified?)

- lastley if this doesnt fiit my car at all what cluster can i installl into my car that will bolt directly in with a rpm gauge built in?

Thanks guys
Any help would be appreciated

Mark

barefootbonzai
09-05-2007, 02:35 PM
straight bolt in, nothing needs to be changed.

If you're looking for a the cheapest root, probably best to get a GLi cluster locally.

mrpsi
09-05-2007, 03:14 PM
ok great.. is there any difference in the cluster i am purchasing to the GLI one?

thanks
mark

Zdster
10-05-2007, 10:02 AM
ok great.. is there any difference in the cluster i am purchasing to the GLI one?

thanks
mark

Redline will be different as well as max. speed and of course how it looks.

mr_psi
10-05-2007, 01:05 PM
cheers guys.... you know your stuff cheers heaps for ya help ey!