PDA

View Full Version : D16y1 on microtec.

creativepunka
09-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Hey iam thinking of running a microtec on my EG. Iam going to be running a Turbo D16y4 block, D16y1 vtec head, d16y4 dizzy (and part of the engine loom). What i want to know is if i will have to get one with a base tune for a honda or will i get away with using any old 4cyl set up (planning on using LT8). So will i be able to use any 4cyl LT8 with my y4 dizzy, Gm tps, Gm IAC, Gm MAP? cheers josh

creativepunka
10-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Any ECU guys about??

DynoDave
12-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Hey iam thinking of running a microtec on my EG. Iam going to be running a Turbo D16y4 block, D16y1 vtec head, d16y4 dizzy (and part of the engine loom). What i want to know is if i will have to get one with a base tune for a honda or will i get away with using any old 4cyl set up (planning on using LT8). So will i be able to use any 4cyl LT8 with my y4 dizzy, Gm tps, Gm IAC, Gm MAP? cheers josh
Is the ECU new or S/H that you will be using ?,your sensor's are fine that your have but the ECU has to be setup for the Honda dizzy if it from another engine/car configration,you can get that done if you take it to Mazfix in Brisbane.
Regards Dyno Dave

creativepunka
12-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Is the ECU new or S/H that you will be using ?,your sensor's are fine that your have but the ECU has to be setup for the Honda dizzy if it from another engine/car configration,you can get that done if you take it to Mazfix in Brisbane.
Regards Dyno Dave

Well i want to use a S/H one. What dizzy pick up does the y4 use? I have an lt8 here atm to suit a 1.6 mivec lancer (old 94 4cyl mivec). If they are both optical pickups will it be ok? I wasnt keen on getting it reconfigrated because it about 350$ from memmory. How do they actually do it?
thanks for your help.

DynoDave
12-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Well i want to use a S/H one. What dizzy pick up does the y4 use? I have an lt8 here atm to suit a 1.6 mivec lancer (old 94 4cyl mivec). If they are both optical pickups will it be ok? I wasnt keen on getting it reconfigrated because it about 350$ from memmory. How do they actually do it?
thanks for your help.
This is the reason why buying a S/H ECU in most cases will cost you more than a new one in the long run.Honda uses magnetic sensor's and Microtech charges $350 for a reason they want you to buy a new one as they come with 12 months warranty and are cheap enough new with a new harness so they get less ph calls from people saying there ECU's are shit when all along it was the S/H ecu or harness from another car causing the problem.
Regards Dyno Dave

creativepunka
13-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info, it cleared alot up. I think it will work out better if i go hondata, even tho my car was carby it will probably cost similar and the hondata looks superior to the microtech.
Cheers josh