PDA

View Full Version : Prelude Intake Bb6 Vti-r

dundas
09-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I Fitted myself a DIY intake for the prelude a while back and i decided to write a little review on the great work of art :)

At first i decided to remove the resinator for the intake which improved the engines intake note...it sounded very very nice :) and allowed me to hear the VTEC ROAR especially compared to standard formation...

Secondly i decided to remove the whole intake box, but leaving the standard intake tube. added a straight piece of stainless steel pipe to the standard pipe to sit in the gap and add in a pod filter (as pictured)

POWER OUTPUT= 111 kw at the wheels
(as pictured)

Thirdly I then decided to change things around a little. I removed the straight piece of piping and got myself a stainless steel 45 degree mandrel bent piping to attach to the standard intake tube, created a heat shield and ensured i colour matched the piping and shield to BLACK...(as pictured)

Then finally i added the final piece of magic..some ducting hoseto the front bar from the engine bay/pod filter... (as pictured)

Overall i have found some nice gains and note to my Prelude and feel the power improved nicely, though i will like to re-dyno the vehicle once i have added some other bits and pieces to the car.

Thats all for now :)

***K&N FILTERS USED***

drsilliez
18-05-2007, 11:54 PM
hi, u said u added a straight piece of stainless steel pipe to the original pipe to fit the pod filter. how long was that pipe and what was its diameter? whats the normal diameter for the original pipe?

do u also need to get brackets to fit this steel pipe onto the original pipe or can u just use the original wire loop thing that holds the end of the pipe to the stock air filter box? Thanks. :)

_JENZA_
22-05-2007, 06:07 PM
with the first run of pipes of the straight pipe, it was 3inch in diameter.it was tought to attach everything, but having said that everything fit tight, free from leaks. As for lengths, trial and error. wasnt that long i dun think... just have a look etc.brackets.. with the straight one i didnt as the stock piping held it in place quite well..Oh i think i just used some zip ties to hold the pipe in place to one of the stock bracket holders.

-Dundas

drsilliez
22-05-2007, 09:55 PM
oh cool. Thanks:)