PDA

View Full Version : Retro fit a std Euro with Lux. HID lights

richdes
10-05-2007, 09:12 PM
wondering if anyone has fitted second-hand HID lights from a Luxury model into a Standard model? If so, I would appreciate any comments if this is possible and what parts are required. Thanks.

aaronng
10-05-2007, 10:49 PM
To get the autolevellers to work, you need to have the sensors which strap on to your damper.

yfin
11-05-2007, 07:20 AM
The actual headlight housing is different too

aaronng
11-05-2007, 07:45 AM
^^ yup, you need the whole headlight as the bulb size is different too. The halogens are H1, while the HIDs are D2S.

tony1234
11-05-2007, 07:45 AM
IMO sounds like too much hard work to do this mod.

sendok
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Yes a bit too much i think, but worth give it a go?

ZEi20T
16-05-2007, 11:08 PM
so dont worry about the auto levellers, they will be fixed as the motor wont move without power. manually adjust them via the knob.

you wont have washers so they are techinically going to be illegal anyway. so no biggie. IMO worth the upgrade if you can get them cheap from a wreck or something

E-Gene
16-05-2007, 11:47 PM
So it's a direct fit even though the HIDs are H4 and our standard Euro is H1?

curik
17-05-2007, 12:21 AM
how about putting aftermarket HID kit in the projectors instead? My friend has done it and he did a good install on it. THe cutoff is pretty nice.

ZEi20T
17-05-2007, 09:39 AM
the H1 and D2S (HID isnt H4 - H means halogen) doesnt matter, if youre changing the WHOLE headlight assembly, then all the fittings and the loom will be there so theoretically it should just plug in assuming all the plugs are the same.

aaronng
17-05-2007, 11:53 AM
how about putting aftermarket HID kit in the projectors instead? My friend has done it and he did a good install on it. THe cutoff is pretty nice.

Your friend's car is an Euro? If yes, then find out what brand he bought and go for that. I've seen cheap HIDs in the Euro and there are 2 long shadows coming out from under each headlight.

curik
17-05-2007, 02:59 PM
\____________ \______________

Thats what the cutoff looks like, instead of the luxury's :

-----------\============\_____________

But of course the illustrations above are far from what the actual cutoff looks like. Any HID brand is OK as long as the bulbs fit very nicely. If the bulbs are out of place even by a bit, the beam would be distorted.

ZEi20T
17-05-2007, 10:57 PM
HID lenses are for HID, halogens for halogens etc, when you use the kits, it wont be perfect even with brand name conversion kits. the filament is in a different spot of the globe to where the xenon ignites in a burner. thus creating the shadow that aaron explaned above

lkt
18-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi, My 04 lux euro had an accident when it was 4 weeks old. The repairs were top quality (finish) but the "cutoff" never remained the same as what it was when brand new - is there a way to fix this?
NEW:
NOW after accident:

Thanks!

^__^ SM ^__^
19-05-2007, 11:05 AM
FYI. my std euro has HID kit in it. For some reason now the lens of the projector is foggy.. like it has cataracts. I didn't put the back caps on. Maybe that's the cause. I've left the lights on for 1hour now (with engine running) and hasn't cleared.. so doesn't seem like it's moisture... maybe the UV from the HID has ruin the lens. Don't know.

destrukshn
19-05-2007, 11:21 AM
FYI. my std euro has HID kit in it. For some reason now the lens of the projector is foggy.. like it has cataracts. I didn't put the back caps on. Maybe that's the cause. I've left the lights on for 1hour now (with engine running) and hasn't cleared.. so doesn't seem like it's moisture... maybe the UV from the HID has ruin the lens. Don't know.
most probably moisture still.
the cap has a seal on it, so it stops the moisture, so if you don't have that cap, moisture will probably get in it.

^__^ SM ^__^
19-05-2007, 04:18 PM
then.. is there a way to clean it out? :(

groovetek
21-05-2007, 09:44 PM

hehe, thx for helpin me install mine man... best present ever... love ya (joking). :zip:

s-ichigo
21-05-2007, 10:00 PM
just installed HID kit on my euro standard, it turns out something like you mentioned but somehow it seems to be aimming pretty high blinding people:p
is this normal?

Thats what the cutoff looks like, instead of the luxury's :

But of course the illustrations above are far from what the actual cutoff looks like. Any HID brand is OK as long as the bulbs fit very nicely. If the bulbs are out of place even by a bit, the beam would be distorted.

curik
21-05-2007, 10:16 PM
after installing the kit, make sure you reaim your headlights. You would need another car which is properly aimed, and put both cars parallel to each facing a wall. Then you will cause less road rage. :P

groovetek
21-05-2007, 11:48 PM
after installing the kit, make sure you reaim your headlights. You would need another car which is properly aimed, and put both cars parallel to each facing a wall. Then you will cause less road rage. :P

and less chance of people understeering off a cliff on mountainous roads when they are coming around the corner and get blinded by your xenons, hehe...

ryyaaannnn
14-02-2008, 03:35 PM
what are the standard light specifications for euro? xenons?

and since its hard to convert to HID

wats the next best option to get that white light look?

tony1234
14-02-2008, 07:59 PM
what are the standard light specifications for euro? xenons?

and since its hard to convert to HID

wats the next best option to get that white light look?
Upgrade the globes to Polargs or another good brand.

blackeuro
18-02-2008, 12:30 PM
i reckon just save up for a luxury model, save the hassles

ryyaaannnn
19-02-2008, 01:57 AM
i like my 06 sports.. lighter.. looks better.. worth more than an 06 luxury now too.. :)