PDA

View Full Version : Seat covers?

lordlissie
11-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Are there seat covers available compatible with the seat airbags for a Euro? Brands? We took delivery yesterday and the answer from the dealership was "no" unless you get them custom made. Cheers and beers.

ALF487
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
seat covers are fugly... is urs leather?

Suntzu
11-05-2007, 12:23 PM
I really really really want leather covers for my standard. Airbag compatible ones...

ALF487
11-05-2007, 12:24 PM
theres no seat covers thats compatible with side seat airbags...

lordlissie
11-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Mine is standard, not leather.

EuroAccord13
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
I think there is a company that makes side airbags compliant seat covers, read about it somewhere in this forum....

EuroDude
11-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Yes you can get seat covers that have a weak spot or a hole on the side for the airbag. You can get them on ebay and other sites.

Have a look at this online ebay store:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/DESIGNCOVERS_accord_W0QQfciZ15QQfclZ3QQfsnZDESIGNC OVERSQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQftsZ2QQsaselZ27633527QQsofp Z0

They charge an extra $10 to make it airbag compatible.

tron07
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I think the seat covers make the car look lame... but in some case, the cover does help keep those nice recaros from getting stolen....

Then again, whats the point of having nice seats and then put in a ugly cover?

Tobster
11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Another, probably more expensive option would be to buy the OEM leather seat skins and have a motor trimmer fit them (or you could just get it custom leather trimmed).

When my driver's seat airbag went off the whole seat skin was replaced (but that was under insurance).

Depending on where and why you want things covered, you can also often get fitted inserts (in sheepskin etc.) that go down the seat centre in between the side bolsters. Then the airbags aren't covered. I remember seeing on Subaru's website that they offer them as an option on Liberties.

Hans Bond
11-05-2007, 04:02 PM
try to get from this one:

Ultimate Auto Trim

Contact details can be found on http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29745

Euro1011
03-08-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm also thinking of the standard seat to Leatherette (Nylex). There's a guy on ebay who can custom make to your seats. They look quite good.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Seat-Covers-HONDA-PRELUDE-JAZZ-CRV-ACCORD-EURO-INTEGRA_W0QQitemZ260145095693QQihZ016QQcategoryZ43 809QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is the side airbag located in the seat and how does it deploy when it is covered by the current seat cover?
I guess the force of the airbag would rip the seat cover when deployed?

EuroDude
03-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Is the side airbag located in the seat and how does it deploy when it is covered by the current seat cover?

Its located in the side of the seat near your shoulder, and yes it rips open the seat trim, about 30cm or more. But I think they simply stitch it back up after replacing the SRS unit. If you have a seat cover with very weak threading on the upper sides, that should be ok.

cibe
04-08-2007, 06:20 AM
does the honda accord Vti model seat cover fit for euro? I plan to order from my home country but seems euro doesnt exist there.
thx

BiLL|z0r
04-08-2007, 06:29 AM
I have off the shelf side air bag compatible seat covers. I hate the beige seats so got black covers. They have a huge hole in the side for the air bag.

Suntzu
06-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm also thinking of the standard seat to Leatherette (Nylex). There's a guy on ebay who can custom make to your seats. They look quite good.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Seat-Covers-HONDA-PRELUDE-JAZZ-CRV-ACCORD-EURO-INTEGRA_W0QQitemZ260145095693QQihZ016QQcategoryZ43 809QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Man those cover do look the goods. I emailed the guy asking about side airbag compatibility. See if he responds..

Tobster
06-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Its located in the side of the seat near your shoulder, and yes it rips open the seat trim, about 30cm or more. But I think they simply stitch it back up after replacing the SRS unit. If you have a seat cover with very weak threading on the upper sides, that should be ok.

No, they don't stitch it up -- they replace the whole seat skin. I presume because IF the cover isn't stitched correctly, then it could be extremely dangerous if the bag goes off and the skin doesn't split.

This is my car after an accident 18 months ago...

Euro1011
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Man those cover do look the goods. I emailed the guy asking about side airbag compatibility. See if he responds..

Hey Suntzu
When you get the reply from Max (the seat trimmer guy), could you let us know what his respond is in regards to the compatibility of the seat covers fo the euro?

Cheers