PDA

View Full Version : eg air bag module

Boban
11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
OK ppl, i got a bit of a problem

I've got an EG5 with a blown airbag. I got another airbag (haven't put it in yet) but i can't find the air bag module anywhere in the car.

Is there one in the eg? I've been getting mixed responses from different ppl so i don't know who to trust. I've ripped apart whole interior in my EH9 when i changed the carpet and i couldn't see one then. I've also taken out the dash on another civic and nothing there. I know on some cars it's located just behind the shifter but civics have nothing there. My focus has a small black box with Airbag Module written on it so i was looking for something similar. but nothing.

Appreciate the help
Boban

creativepunka
11-05-2007, 02:12 PM
If it helps all the SRS wires are usually covered with a yellow plastic shield.

ECU-MAN
13-05-2007, 12:11 AM
lol the air bag modual is on the back of the airbag itself.

creativepunka
13-05-2007, 10:41 AM

lol thats a trick for new players.

Boban
13-05-2007, 06:15 PM

Awesome man, thanx for that. So when i replace the airbag it should be all sweet. It won't blow in my face when i'm driving down the road :p

I'll put the car on a scan tool once it's all finished and see if i get any error codes.

ECU-MAN
13-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I dont think the SRS on the EG support scan tools. make sure the SRS light goes out when installed.

the SRS modual has a window with where a LED will flash error codes if the SRS ligth wont go out.