PDA

View Full Version : quick one on honda service

quang
11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Does anyone know if the mechanics at honda check the seals on the head and rocker when they do a 60 point inspection including a valve clearance check? do they also adjust tappets while doing it? i have a little oil on two of my spark plugs around the washer and i haven't spilled any oil. i couldn't be bothered to take my rocker cover off and check as i'm putting my car in to honda to get some things changed. just wondering if they will tell me if my seals need replacing or not.

Drew
11-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Why not tell them that theres oil there, then they can look into it?

quang
11-05-2007, 09:32 PM
yeah true, but its nice to know whether they do check it, also i'm on a bit of a budget (stupid i know) so i can't really afford to have extra stuff done that will cost more.

Drew
11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
It shouldn't cost any more for them to just fkn look

TheSaint
11-05-2007, 09:42 PM
they tried to charge me 20$ for removal of a sticker off the back window once....

didz
11-05-2007, 10:38 PM
they tried to charge me 20$ for removal of a sticker off the back window once....

l o l

shadou
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
they replace the rocker cover gasket if doing tappets (if needed) and as for the spark plug O rings suppose to be done every time you take the rocker cover off I think, but they aren't terrible expensive or time consming to fit and replace.

steve88
12-05-2007, 01:33 AM
they dont charge for quotes looking at hte car do they? i booked mine in so i can get a rough figure as to what needs to be fixed/replaced

shadou
12-05-2007, 01:36 AM
I got charged for getting a code looked at, think $20 cos they provided a diagnosis and the SA made something up like "had to pull a mechanic off a job to look at it blah blah blah" honestly it takes like 5 minutes max to hook up the computer and scan the dam car WTF

Alpine
12-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I got charged for getting a code looked at, think $20 cos they provided a diagnosis and the SA made something up like "had to pull a mechanic off a job to look at it blah blah blah" honestly it takes like 5 minutes max to hook up the computer and scan the dam car WTF

You got ripped, man. I had to get a code looked at once too and the dealer did it for free.

creativepunka
12-05-2007, 12:16 PM

There scan tool probably cost up around 10grand. They have to get some money out of it, and i bet you didnt get them to fix it lol. That mechanic would have 5mins of unproductive time if it was free. I hate it when people come in and expect a free Quote and are never going to return for the work to be carried out.:thumbdwn:

shadou
12-05-2007, 04:16 PM
it was an engine light code so I didn't want to place any money on not getting it looked at and hoping it would go away. End up been an o2 sensor but got a mate who works spare to hook me up the part and some other place to install it for me.