PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Repair

piassh
12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi Guys,

One of my friend who drove a car like I do. Honda Civic Si.
Recently, he got into a major accident. And the car has gone beyond repair ie: Written off.
What can he do other than sending it to the wreckers? I believe there are better ways to dispose the car where you can grab more money off back from there right?
By the way, the car is not covered by any insurance.

Please advice....

Sydsyd
12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
salvage any good leftover parts and then sell them:)

that's the only way...anything that's damaged, give them to wreckers...

piassh
12-05-2007, 09:54 PM
What about selling the whole car to anyone out there? As in selling it at the ridiculous lower price? Its only the whole stretch of driver side is damaged. The main body above the driver's door is dented.
We were quite confuse with it now.
Can peeps out there help to give more solutions?

bennjamin
12-05-2007, 09:58 PM
either sell it privately , or sell it to a wrecker.

You wont be able to talk any more about it here , since you have to be a member to sell in the FOR SALE section.

BC8
12-05-2007, 11:41 PM
What about selling the whole car to anyone out there? As in selling it at the ridiculous lower price? Its only the whole stretch of driver side is damaged. The main body above the driver's door is dented.
We were quite confuse with it now.
Can peeps out there help to give more solutions?

Sell it to the wreckers would be your best bet
unless you have all the time in the world, then part out and sell privately etc and maybe get more out of it. If you want the whole thing gone, give a list of the following wreckers a call such as:
Honbits, Hontoy, Jap Wreck.
Get them to come inspect/quote and how much you want for it.

piassh
13-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Alrighty,

Think that's the best solution of all.....

Boban
13-05-2007, 06:28 PM
if only you were in brisbane i'd buy it, but since you're not......as above or put it into a damaged vehicles auction and they can sell it for you (for a price ofcourse)