PDA

View Full Version : 2001 ES Civic Fuel-Filter Location??

cmathieu
12-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi All,

I've been trying to locate the fuel-filter for my 2001 Civic GLi sedan. Where the heck is it located? I've had the car up on a hoist at my friend's workshop and we both spent around 30 mins but still couldn't find it. My friend suggested that it might be in the fuel tank...is this possible?

Thanks all

Charlie

7th Gen
13-05-2007, 02:01 AM
i think its under the back seat?
i remember it was really complicated to take out/do

if you don't know what you're doing then get someone who does :P

D4rk4n63l
13-05-2007, 06:42 AM
it is in the fuel tank, just like a DC5, in fact if I remember correctly I think it uses the same part as DC5... what are u trying to do anyway? it sounds like u and ur friend doesnt really have a clue here.. no offense but 7th Gen is right, get someone who knows what he's doing..

cmathieu
13-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys, all I want to achieve is to replace the fuel filter as I don't know when it was last replaced. I recently bought this vehicle about 2 months ago decided to change all 'changeable' filters :-)

Actually, does this fuel-filter need replacing? In most of my previous cars, I used to replace the fuel-filter every 12 months irregardless of kms travelled. :-)

Charlie

7th Gen
13-05-2007, 10:26 PM
oh ok lah, no biggie

what does the service book/manual say? it should say if its already been done (unless it was bodgy servicing)
replace every 12 mths? seems a bit drastic/excessive?

but yeh. its a mission of a job man. good luck!

cmathieu
13-05-2007, 10:39 PM
the service booklet failed to state when it was last changed, hence I rather be safe than sorry :-)

Yeah, I know it's kinda of excessive to change every 12 months but I tend to be a little protective of my car...hehe...I even change the oil every 3 months irregardless of how many km I've travelled...hate to see the black oil. I even have a pretty strong magnet that I attached to the bottom of my oil filter in the hope of reducing the microscopic metallic particles that don't get filtered out of the oil. Magnet is pretty strong, takes a fair bit of effort to remove ;-)

Judging from the complexity of removing the fuel-filter, I think I will pay for professional help to change this for me. :-)

Thanks for the info ;-)

Charlie