PDA

View Full Version : NOob questions k20/k24

nvmee
13-05-2007, 09:31 AM
this is gona be the stupid question of the year but here it goes

can you put a k20/k24 in a ford telstar 92 :P currently has a v6 2.5 quad cam (dohc)... just wondering :P
would it produce more power or similar?
more torque?
estimated cash?
etc just basic shit like that

or any other good fwd engines i should know of

if you really wanted to know ... i like my car^^ ....ALOT

yfin
13-05-2007, 09:45 AM
It is probably possible but I doubt you want to spend well over $10k. It is not going to be plug and play and the engine is not going to be enough - you would need a half cut.

If you really like your car why not work on the 2.5 V6. There are plenty of mods for that engine. The biggest problem I find with your model Telstar is the suspension setup is terrible and torque steer is huge in the wet.

nvmee
13-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Rolls like no tomorow, i like the torque steer tho ^^ . the problem with this motor is that its like a injury prone sports person. i love it wen u part the throttle then wen torque peaks at 4500. BANG lol feels good ^^
shame its not a manual, i heard the auto boxes for these are weak too

slapped a MR lancer today ... feels godam good cos he talked it up bad lmao

chunky
13-05-2007, 06:56 PM
some of my own sub noob questions
how is a k20/k24 more powerful than a v6?
isnt k24/k20 4 cyl?

Mr_will
13-05-2007, 07:19 PM
a) yes it would most likely produce more power. they seem to dyno at around 150ish at the wheels.

b) the displacement is similar (2.4 vs 2.5 litres) so you would not expect the torque to be significantly different

c) no it is not worth the while for the swap. if you want to put a k24a/k20a swap in a car, buy a honda and save yourself a fair bit of hassle.