PDA

View Full Version : N00b Q's about bodykit fitment

Marc2020
14-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi guys

I have another n00b question about the installation of body kits and other exterior mods. I want to get a few items installed like new mirrors and headlights as well as a lip kit. I am afraid of messing up my shiny new car (its new to me, never had a car its age before.) so I dont want to do it myself. Would a panel beater be able to do something like that? Or do I need to take to someone that specializes in it?

TheSaint
14-05-2007, 10:08 AM
i took my stuff to a panel + paint guy down the road, asked him some questions made sure he was up to the task, wen he was fitting it he let me come into the shop and help out so i knew wer it all went + we kinda learnt how to put it on together =) very happy with it

honda can fit stuff for you as well

Marc2020
14-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Yea I thought about Honda I just realised they might be a bit too expensive, but I know they do fantastic work though so I might end up biting the bullet and let them do it for me. I agree with the panel beater, I might ask the guy that fixed up my car to see if he knows how to do it. But I am guessing it shouldnt be too hard for a panel beater right? Its pretty much the same thing with bumper replacements I think.

Zdster
14-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Dont get it done through Honda. Some panel beaters will be able to do it and others wont touch it. You could try places like Jetspeed etc as they might be able to help.

Marc2020
14-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I called up Jetspeed just before and they seemed very helpful and more than willing to do all that stuff at a price way below my expectations. And i have heard nothing but good things from them so I think I am going to go with them. Thanks for all your help guys.

aimre
14-05-2007, 09:07 PM
body kits are difficult to fit and often never look quiet right. Some look nice and fit well, most fit very poorly