PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first honda

Dan007
14-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey all

bought my first accord today for 10k :p

it's a 97 VTi and it's damn near perfect, done 120k clicks and it drives like a dream. Anyone got any good tips on keeping this baby well maintained?

chunky
14-05-2007, 06:22 PM
niceeee ;)

moreboost
14-05-2007, 06:39 PM
goood shit ACCORDZ REPRESENT:honda:

Sensei
15-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Sexy car, (10k for a 5th gen seems a tad pricey)
As long as you do regular oil changes you should be fine (every 5000kms). Oh and make sure the timing belt has been changed.

Joeyboy
15-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Hiya Dan007 - nice CD5 u got there. was it a dealership buy? manual/auto?

Like Sensei has said, make sure the timing belt has been changed (meant to be every 100,000kms).

1. With changing the oil every 5,000kms, I also like to change the oil filter at the same time (its only around $8-$10 anyway).
2. Also u might want to consider replacing the fuel filter (which I believe should be done every 50,000kms - check the manual).
3. I had a radiator flush when I bought my CD5...it wouldnt hurt neither.
4. Dunno if u wanna bother about replacing the brake and power steering fluids. Personal choice I guess.

I notice the previous owner painted the calipers blue? What other mods u planning?

Riviera
15-05-2007, 05:40 PM
and here i am buying a 95 for $9730 10k drive away

no mods, but least i know fora fact it aint been trashed lol

Dan007
15-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Hiya Dan007 - nice CD5 u got there. was it a dealership buy? manual/auto?

Yeh bought from a dealer, was originally priced at 10,999 but worked my way down to 10k. And is an Auto =[

Like Sensei has said, make sure the timing belt has been changed (meant to be every 100,000kms).

1. With changing the oil every 5,000kms, I also like to change the oil filter at the same time (its only around $8-$10 anyway).
2. Also u might want to consider replacing the fuel filter (which I believe should be done every 50,000kms - check the manual).
3. I had a radiator flush when I bought my CD5...it wouldnt hurt neither.
4. Dunno if u wanna bother about replacing the brake and power steering fluids. Personal choice I guess.

Thank you for the info - will have to get well motivated to do this lol.

I notice the previous owner painted the calipers blue? What other mods u planning?

Nothing planned yet, but it HAD a sports exhaust on it previous, and the dealer mentioned it has extractors, no idea if thats stock or not.

Joeyboy
15-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Nothing planned yet, but it HAD a sports exhaust on it previous, and the dealer mentioned it has extractors, no idea if thats stock or not.

hmmmm....extractors dont come standard, check to see if its a 4-2-1 or 4-1. Do u know wat it looks like tho? If u dont, if u know some1 that does know and also get them to check the exhaust to see if the dealer was legit. Also if sports exhaust, u would want it to have a cat converter, so just check for that as well (under the car). Or if u know some1 that works in a muffler shop, get them to check.

If u dont know any1 from a muffler shop, do what I do...just play dumb and pretend that you're interested in getting exhaust done and get them to check :thumbsup:

steve88
19-05-2007, 10:53 AM
sorry for a thread hijack but i suppose its partially relevant too a statement here
how do you know if your timing belt is on its way out?
my cars on 168xxxks when i bought it ive now done 170xxxk, when i bought it i changed oil, oil filter. have yet to do spark plugs, i know i need more coolant, and have to flush my power steering fluid cause i put non genuine shit in there to top it up! (idiot! haha)