PDA

View Full Version : Lowering

stan89
14-05-2007, 10:45 PM
came accross this site and noticed they can lower your car for $390

http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/page.php?ad=lower&load=help#lowering

anyone lowered their car with ozzy tyres before? and if yes what were your experiences and opinions.

if i want to get new rims and lowered suspension is there a order i have to go by

eg. rims first before lowering?

or doesnt it matter.

much appreciated thanks :)

Joeyboy
15-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi stan89. $390 for lowering (with new springs) sounds like a good deal. Do u know what brand springs? I had a brief look at the site and no mention of the brand.

I dont believe there is a rule (to either lower first and buy new rims or vice versa). Most people want to have new & larger size rims normally at the same time as lowering for looks. Your personal taste. Do you plan to buy new rims? Maybe if u buy new rims and lower with Ozzy, they might be able to give u a good deal.

Vinnie
15-05-2007, 05:17 PM
there is no rule saying that u need aftermarket rims to lower ur car, its jus commonly done at the same time. for that price, im guessing theyde be using king springs and while theres nothing wrong with them there are better brands out there... keep in mind that sticking lowered springs on ur stock shocks wil cause them to degrade pramaturely which is why most people with semi-decent cars do it properly the first time and get proper lowered shocks as well or jus a set of coilovers. not as cheap but definately better in the long run...

as for ozzy tyres, ive heard conflicting stories about them but it prob woodent hurt to shop around and see what other deals are around neway... :)

Luke Accord
15-05-2007, 05:23 PM
IMO i would lower the car first and see where it sits and then you can try different wheel sizes and tyre profiles to get exactly what you want. Cheers.
Good luck.

ACTI0NMAN-1
15-05-2007, 05:26 PM
just remember they will try and hit you up for new shocks as well.

Joeyboy
15-05-2007, 10:31 PM
yeh with replacing the shocks, u can get your car lowered now and save-up for new shocks. i've had my CD5 lowered with Kings for more than 2yrs now and i have had no problems with the quality of the ride. BUT in saying that, i wouldnt want to PUSH IT any longer. I am buying new shocks soon. I actually have my eyes on a set of TEIN coilovers as well, hmmmm.....might have to get a second job....or eat bake beans every day for the next 3 months.

Just make sure with any mod, u HAVE TO shop around b4 buying! And if u are unsure about anything (like where to buy, how much, etc), do a search and if u cant find what you're looking for, u can always ask.

15-05-2007, 11:14 PM
den .. get a coil over :) adjustable ... and wont be disappointed .. i wouldnt buy lowered springs if i think was going to go coilover .. which im am no .. :(

bigtymerz1
30-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Hey i bought 2nd hand fulcrum springs and koni adjustable shocks off ebay for $300 and fitted for $160 beautiful deal and all is good.

Joeyboy
30-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Hey i bought 2nd hand fulcrum springs and koni adjustable shocks off ebay for $300 and fitted for $160 beautiful deal and all is good.

good goin! hope d shox are in good nik, being 2nd hand.

stan89
02-06-2007, 12:17 PM
can anyone point me to some shocks i should buy that will be good quality.

is there any on ebay i can look at or are they all no good? :confused:

aaronng
02-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Konis are adjustable and pretty good. Get the ones that are meant to be used with lowered springs.

Joeyboy
02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
can anyone point me to some shocks i should buy that will be good quality.

is there any on ebay i can look at or are they all no good? :confused:

as aaronng has mentioned, KONIs are good. u could also try KYBs, they're meant to be good with lowered springs:

http://www.kyb.com.au/

nothing on AUS ebay at the moment, but keep your eyes out coz i've seen a seller that sells KYBs for good price (they usually have a UFO in their photo). however US has heaps:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/accord-shocks_W0QQfromZR40

Tokico shocks are apparently pretty good too.

hope that helps :thumbsup:

Alpine
02-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Do u know what brand springs? I had a brief look at the site and no mention of the brand.

Ozzy Tyres resell King Springs.

TypeRice
09-07-2007, 01:30 AM
is it true if you get larger rims say 18", you then wont need to lower your car as much bcoz since the rims are bigger, the distance between the tyre and the fenders is lesser compared to a 14" rim ?

d15z1SUX
09-07-2007, 01:51 AM
also depends on the profile tyre that is used.

aaronng
09-07-2007, 02:36 AM
is it true if you get larger rims say 18", you then wont need to lower your car as much bcoz since the rims are bigger, the distance between the tyre and the fenders is lesser compared to a 14" rim ?

The outer diameter of the tyres have to be the same within 15mm (I think) to be legal). So if you use 18" rims, the tyres will be lower profile (thinner) and the distance between tyre and fender is the same as if you had 14" rims and thicker tyres. If you use larger tyres to make the gap smaller and exceed the limit, you can be defected.

TypeRice
09-07-2007, 10:59 AM
ohhhhhh... okay. sorta clearer now..
so the larger the rim, the thinner the tyres,

just to make sure, (sorry for being noob)

so i can just get coilovers now.. and lower my car on my current 16" rims so that there is 0 gap between fenders and the tyres.

And when i put on my new 17" rims, it would also still be 0 gap? ..

Luke Accord
09-07-2007, 11:46 AM
ohhhhhh... okay. sorta clearer now..
so the larger the rim, the thinner the tyres,

just to make sure, (sorry for being noob)

so i can just get coilovers now.. and lower my car on my current 16" rims so that there is 0 gap between fenders and the tyres.

And when i put on my new 17" rims, it would also still be 0 gap? ..

Usually when you get 17's the new rolling diameter isn't exactly the same but as it only has to be within 15mm to be legal it will be similiar. So more than likely it will be less than 0 gap but only by a few mm's.

TypeRice
09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
thanks for replies =)

so in that case i should put the 17" rims on first, and then lower it according to the 17" rims so that i can get the perfect look of 0 gap from these rims..

i dont like the look of having some of the tyres hidden (ie going underneath the fenders)

Luke Accord
09-07-2007, 11:59 AM
That's what i would do. :D

tmy
09-07-2007, 10:24 PM
keep us posted on wat u do man, im in the process of looking to lower my car, and have practically the same questions as you so any feedback would b a bonus on my end :)