PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP! - Accelerator Pedal getting stuck?

obsessionz
15-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey guys today on the freeway on the way home... my accelerater pedal got stuck... and i couldnt press it went all hard... so i stoped and pulled over... and had to push it in with my hand.. and it clicked in after a few attempts.. so i kept driving again and it got stuck again but it kept accelerating .... and i had to keep tapping it for it to pop back out... it was very scary..

Anyone knows wat the problem is? keeps going hard and getting stuck..

chunky
15-05-2007, 08:31 PM
maybe u got something wedged inside the floor where the ppedal goes in
a coin possibly

didz
15-05-2007, 09:07 PM
yeh that or the accelerator cable is gettin caught on something.

Samo
15-05-2007, 09:32 PM
ur t/b is dirty .. the butterfly is sticking

remove it and attack it with carby cleaner

serpo
15-05-2007, 10:17 PM
RP7 the cable man might be sticky or the butterfly

obsessionz
16-05-2007, 05:14 PM
fixed !! was friggen cruise control came loose affecting the throttle...

serpo
16-05-2007, 09:33 PM

LMAO nice, wow no1 suspected that

furiouswilly
16-05-2007, 10:44 PM
This is so scary man, u driving DC5R still new, it shouldnt happen,, u better look after your car dude, but u can check few things here

would make sure that the accelerator cable and linkage is working properly. A good cleaning with carburetor cleaner and lubricating with some WD-40 or Liquid Wrench should do the trick. I would, also, disconnect the accelerator cable from the carburetor and accelerator pedal and make sure it moves smoothly in both directions.

Since this is a manual transmission I would check the idle dashpot as well. It's easy enough to check with a hand vacuum pump. Of course you should make sure the base idle speed is within specification. I would adjust the idle speed before I do anything else.

Ignition timing and vacuum leaks could also cause this problem.

Good Luck!!! hope u can fix it~~~

obsessionz
17-05-2007, 07:58 AM
This is so scary man, u driving DC5R still new, it shouldnt happen,, u better look after your car dude, but u can check few things here

would make sure that the accelerator cable and linkage is working properly. A good cleaning with carburetor cleaner and lubricating with some WD-40 or Liquid Wrench should do the trick. I would, also, disconnect the accelerator cable from the carburetor and accelerator pedal and make sure it moves smoothly in both directions.

Since this is a manual transmission I would check the idle dashpot as well. It's easy enough to check with a hand vacuum pump. Of course you should make sure the base idle speed is within specification. I would adjust the idle speed before I do anything else.

Ignition timing and vacuum leaks could also cause this problem.

Good Luck!!! hope u can fix it~~~