PDA

View Full Version : Temp Gauge, speedo and radio acting strange

SmIrNoFF
16-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I doubt any1 has had the same problem but maybe some1 can shed some light on my situation... ok here i go

a few months ago my speedo stops working but not completly, like ill be cruising at 60 kmph and it will just spring back to life.. mechanic checked the VSS when i got my clutch changed and said it was all good.. also checked fuses and all that, they seem to be alright... any ideas???

then last week my temp guage starts to play up.. but in the weirdest way... when i switch my headlights on the temp goes up, or if the temp is going up i switch my radio off and it goes down WTF! now im kinda guessing my actuall engine isnt overheating due to the whole switching accsesories on and off causing the fluctuations thing so any ideas on what it can be....also the radio seems to be just switching off out of nowhere...

i have a feeling all these things seem to be connected some way, maybe it could be not enough power from the battery

any feedback would be great

EKVTIR-T
16-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Does it only happen on deserted country roads and bright lights shine down on your car?:p

Seriously though take it to an auto elec,somethings goin haywire.

furiouswilly
16-05-2007, 10:32 PM
needle rubbing on gauge face. When things get warmed up it is ok.When
cold not(ie. rubbing)
OR

if you take them off and the problem still exhist then you know something is wrong with the cluster.

Rasputin
16-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Bad electrical ground?

Rasputin
17-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Rasputin wins!
If a bunch of stuff is going haywire, try to figure out which ground wires/grounding points they all have in common, and check those. May sure there is no damaged wiring crossing over anywhere.
Or, failing that, an auto electrician is your friend right now.