PDA

View Full Version : I no longer have a Euro but I do have a Acura TSX!

REV888
17-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi Guys,

Last weekend I took off all my rear emblems and rebadged my car with Acura TSX also added that nice A in the middle! not to mention changed all my wheel caps. ( Worth the 6 days wait from the US!)

I did not expect anyone to take notice, but hey I been getting some serious feedback almost everywhere I park my car! LOL everyone thinks I imported the car from the US through a honda dealer.

At the petrol station got asked about the car, go shopping at the local westfield and parked next to another Euro owner and what you know the Euro owner comes up to me and asked me about my car.

The only thing that gives it away is the "H" front grill & the "H" on the steering wheel, so will now get the "A" front grill to match it all.

Will post up pics for you guys. So look out for a TSX Acura as I dont have a Euro no more LOL ;) ;)

curik
17-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Haha I also rebadged my car as TSX, as well as putting the acura grill on. Now I am back with Honda. The acura grill didn't fit in our euro. Similarly, the Euro-R grill doesn't fit the TSX either. I ended up modifying the acura grill heavily, which involved some cutting to "squeeze" the grill to fit.

stephen8512
17-05-2007, 12:26 AM
hmmm got rice much?
the A symbol on the acura never really appealed to me that much. looks like the honda H sympol upside down and the sides tweaked inwards ot achieve the "A" look.

but whatever floats your boat

mastcell
17-05-2007, 03:03 AM
what does TSX stand for anyway? Sorry I don't share your enthusiasm as I just cannot relate to Acura's naming convention whereby strings of letters are randomly put together to sound like something important.

REV888
17-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Haha I also rebadged my car as TSX, as well as putting the acura grill on. Now I am back with Honda. The acura grill didn't fit in our euro. Similarly, the Euro-R grill doesn't fit the TSX either. I ended up modifying the acura grill heavily, which involved some cutting to "squeeze" the grill to fit.

My grill is not the same as you have a 04 grill do you think it would be the same with an 06 upgrade ?

Pumped
17-05-2007, 08:16 AM
http://www.thaitable.com/images/Thai/recipes/pictures/5Sticky%20Rice.jpg

curik
17-05-2007, 09:41 AM
If you have the 06/07 both grills are the same size so it would be much easier to fit. But again it costs a lot to get the acura grill.

My grill is not the same as you have a 04 grill do you think it would be the same with an 06 upgrade ?

EuroDude
17-05-2007, 09:48 AM
lol yeah some dudes in the US did the same thing - converted their Acura badges to Honda ones.

Apparently they were required to change their registration details form Acura to Honda, not sure if you need to do the same here though.

stephen8512
17-05-2007, 10:19 AM
lol yeah some dudes in the US did the same thing - converted their Acura badges to Honda ones.

Apparently they were required to change their registration details form Acura to Honda, not sure if you need to do the same here though.

but they did that fro the "JDM" factor most of them.
why not change the front headlights to amber and get it Left hand drive and a K24A2 too while ur at it
THEN it will be a real tsx

yourfather
17-05-2007, 10:45 AM
still wont change the fact that the car will be a "JHMCL" vin stamp as opposed to whatever you get in the USA

Chi
17-05-2007, 10:52 AM
http://www.thaitable.com/images/Thai/recipes/pictures/5Sticky%20Rice.jpg

EuroDude
17-05-2007, 11:00 AM
The issue is that if a cop looks up the Rego number and it says Honda, then looks at the car and sees an Acura badge, they may pull you over and give you a fine for incorrect rego details, or think that the car has the rego plate of another car.

Like this guy who couldnt pass inspection in NJ
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15735

EGB18CT
17-05-2007, 11:09 AM
pfft thats the biggest load of crap ive heard today?! so what happens to all those who put chevy badges on their holden ss'??? and all those people who totally debage their car? umm i dont think so if a cop is to pull you over to check the authenticity of the car, it needs to be matched by rego sticker and vin details not some ricey badge.

Entity
17-05-2007, 05:16 PM
haha, i hope you didn't pay too much for it... i remmeber i sold a full set of tsx badging including all badges, wheel centre caps and the full front grille for pretty cheap a few months back.

curik
17-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Rev888 , dont worry about what we have said here earlier. Just stick with the badges as they look great. I had the badges for a year with no problems whatsoever.

REV888
19-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Rev888 , dont worry about what we have said here earlier. Just stick with the badges as they look great. I had the badges for a year with no problems whatsoever.

Yeah I am happy with the emblems, im not worried at all!