PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake Light, HELP!

pintara
17-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi Guys,

For the last two days, my handbrake light at the dashboard always lit on even when I am not using the handbrake. Can someone please help and tell me what's going on?

Thanks heaps.

gtrmaniac
17-05-2007, 12:40 PM
check your brake fluid if its to low the light lights up and if not check your handbrake switch sometimes it gets jammed and the light stays on

pintara
17-05-2007, 12:43 PM
check your brake fluid if its to low the light lights up and if not check your handbrake switch sometimes it gets jammed and the light stays on

Can you please tell me how to check the handbrake switch?

gtrmaniac
17-05-2007, 12:57 PM
firstly check your brake fluid make sure its not to low before you start trying to fix your handbrake.Umm pull ur handbrake up and push it down hard and do it a few times if nothing happens check your brakes lights(not sure if honda has that system where the light lights up when the brake lights dont work tho)

Nodachi
17-05-2007, 11:51 PM
check fluids, if u have Drum check drum...
and check if there is anything lose..

If everything failes, drive to your local mechanic to have alook.. don't repeat the same mistake as i did where my brake fluids just burst all over my brake disc and rims..

m3ntAL_l2
18-05-2007, 12:31 AM
samething happens to me sumtimes, it only stays on when i 1st start the car in the morning, and after a while of driving when teh car is warmed up so about 10mins it just goes off when i press the break

vtec_king
03-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Check your handbrake Fuse...might be faulty n make sure your handbrake cable is loose when your handbrake is off...