PDA

View Full Version : DC5R Clutch making a sqeaking noise

obsessionz
17-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey guys as i was puting my car in the garage tonight i noticed my clutch started to make a squeaking noise when fully depressed in... anyone know what this is from? and how to fix it?

thanks...

bennjamin
17-05-2007, 08:24 PM
it makes the noise when you PRESS it or when its pressed in ?
Chances are , its the release bearing (connected to the end of the clutch line , which controls the clutch pressure plate)

It is lacking sufficient lubricant giving this squeek you speak of. You can spray some more lube in there as a temp fix - but basically next clutch change you replace the bearing and cover it in fresh lube again.

obsessionz
17-05-2007, 08:26 PM
when i press down on the way down right to the bottom it sqeaks... i feel like getting the WD40 out lol but dunno where to spray? lol so what are u you trying to say I need a new clutch? or just greasing?

2002 TeGgY
17-05-2007, 08:27 PM
yeh, mine done that as well the other day. but i think its cause i rarely move the car as i lost my license for 3 months so car only moves like once a week around the block...

HondaTechy
17-05-2007, 08:28 PM
is the noise in the cabin or under the bonnet?

obsessionz
17-05-2007, 08:46 PM
in the cabin ...

xtat1k
17-05-2007, 09:54 PM
this is also happening to my dc2 .

destrukshn
17-05-2007, 09:55 PM
in the cabin ...
could be your master cylinder then.

aaronng
17-05-2007, 09:58 PM
If it is in the cabin, it is the clutch master cylinder. Get some silicone spray lube and squirt a little into the gap where the rod goes into. It's a temporary solution and I find that you have to spray it every 1-2 months. A permanent fix is to replace the master cylinder, which is cheap in parts but a little more expensive in labour. If you hear the squeak from the outside as well, and it is loud (especially with the bonnet open), then it is the clutch release bearing. There is a little gap that you can spray or put a little grease on a stick in, but again the fix is temporary. Don't use WD40 as that is not a proper lube and will dissolve the existing grease. Use a proper lubricant.

2002 TeGgY
17-05-2007, 11:41 PM
so does this problem effect the longivity of the clutch? and does it affect the gear change quality?

furiouswilly
18-05-2007, 12:41 AM
You're probably just hearing some noise from the clutch breaking in to the new flywheel. Read up on it, but I don't think you should worry unless it continues after the 5000ks break in period. Remember: No power shifting during this stage or the longevity gets reduced drastically.

Also, is it a constant squeak at a certain pedal height?? If not, it may be that you need to bleed your clutch hydraulic system and could possibly have a leak in the clutch master cylinder or clutch slave cylinder.

Chosta
18-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Does anyone have a pic/diagram of where to spray the lube?

bennjamin
18-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Does anyone have a pic/diagram of where to spray the lube?

Ok , this is the diagram of the release/thrust bearing itself.

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/2/release.JPG
(this is for B / D series)
You are aiming to grease the round bearing in the middle.
At the lower left hand side is the clutch slave piston connection ~ this is where the rubber boot/grommet will be. You need to pull that back / to the side and aim for the bearing

obsessionz
19-05-2007, 09:11 PM
FIXED... I simply sprayed WD40 on the spring of my clutch ... lets see how long it last but ...

aaronng
20-05-2007, 01:12 AM
FIXED... I simply sprayed WD40 on the spring of my clutch ... lets see how long it last but ...

Not long. WD40 is a water dispersant. Not a lubricant.