PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Alignments after Repair

viper8548
17-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a second hand euro, but the one I currently have my eyes on has been in an accident and have been repaired. However I can still see some imperfections as shown in the pic where the red arrow points, the bumper and the grill is slightly dented inwards. Is this a big problem or can it be easily fixed?

Any advice would be helpful :angel:
Thanks

EuroDude
17-05-2007, 09:12 PM
The chassis/frame could be damaged, I wouldn't buy it..

Once the frame gets damaged, it becomes weak, and a mechanic putting too much pressure on that area could bend it even worse.

aaronng
17-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Looks like the radiator support is bent and wasn't repaired during the accident.

viper8548
18-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for all the quick replies, I am going to inspect the car in a few days.

How should I check if this damage is to the frame/chasis or just a simple alignment problem?

Thanks

viper8548
18-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks claymore, that was very useful. Apart from the grill and bumper dented in, the headlight seems to have the same problem, in otherwords the whole right side is misaligned to the bonnet.

aday
18-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks claymore, that was very useful. Apart from the grill and bumper dented in, the headlight seems to have the same problem, in otherwords the whole right side is misaligned to the bonnet.

It sounds like the repairs haven't been carried out very professionally. I'd be giving this one a wide berth. At the very least, have the car carefully examined on a hoist by someone who knows exactly what to look for, and make sure you get a bloody good discount on the sale!

tron07
18-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Get a NRMA inspection if you dont feel confident, or ask the seller to get that report... else pick another car.

aaronng
18-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Pick another car. You don't need this kind of trouble.

tony1234
18-05-2007, 06:28 PM
From the pic it looks like the panels weren't lined up properly after the repair was done.Get a panelbeater to check it out.It might only be minor.Use this to bargain hard on the price if you decide to go ahead and buy it.