PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox Problem

cro_23q2002
18-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey guys,

just wanted your opinion...i think my gearbox is gone and the mechanic has told me that the diff is gone although ull need another gearbox as the diff is in the gearbox or something. When i go from 1st to 2nd i can feel a grinding however no sound and when the car is being driven there is like a ticking and grinding sound...would i need to replace my gearbox? which places other than Hondbits would supply a second hand honda gearbox? How much can i look at spending in labour? and are there any mechanics in the forums that would do this type of replacement?

Thanks, help is greatly appreciated

gReY-oNe
18-05-2007, 05:42 PM
have u ever thought of a recon instead of buyin a second hand gear box
as u have no way of tellin how its the box has been treated

grumpy rooster
18-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Where in Sydney are you?

cro_23q2002
19-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Im from the fairfield area in Syd...i was hoping someone would help me out with a mechanic that would do this gearbox change for under 300 labour...mechanic mentioned recon although he said ud be looking at over 500 anyway for labour costs and parts to change...unless someone can help me otherwise with a mechanic that will do a recon for less?

IEVAQ8
19-05-2007, 10:26 AM
best bet would be to strip it down and see whats really wrong, then decide to rebuild or buy second hand.
i had the same issue, but i prefer to stick with mine and rebuilt it.......

destrukshn
19-05-2007, 10:31 AM
i know a mechanic that will do it under $300
pm me your NUMBER, and i'll tell him to give you a call.