PDA

View Full Version : Accord Sunroof Leaking Water

VTi_b0i
18-05-2007, 06:32 PM
i found out 2day in this crappy weather that my sunroof leaks a fair amount of water :thumbsup:
Was just wondering who and how i can fix this? as its getting to the colder season i sorta want that fixed asap

any help/ ideas extremely appreciated.
christian

HondaTechy
18-05-2007, 07:18 PM
where the water leaking in?open the sunroof and clean around the frame area.

VTi_b0i
18-05-2007, 07:30 PM
i havent had a chance to look just yet, i m sure the water is getting in the roof around the sunroof

ekhybrid
18-05-2007, 07:33 PM
drain holes are clogged up chris
clean em up n u should be fine

furiouswilly
18-05-2007, 08:38 PM
If you have water leaking , make sure to check that the drain tubes for the sunroof tray (all sunroofs leak - the tray catches the water so that doesn't enter the car and tubes carry is safely away).

The sunroof tray has 4 drain holes in it, one in each corner, i.e., front left, front right, rear left and rear right. The two pictures below show the location of the front right drain hole. The holes at the other locations are similar.

NOTE: The rear holes are covered by the roof and are not normally visible.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/jordansneakersale/SunroofDrain2.jpg?t=1179745564

Each of the four drain holes is connected to a tube that runs through the A- and C-pillars and end at a nipple. It is common for the nipple to stick closed and not drain the water out of the tube. When this occurs, the water backs up into the sunroof tray and overflows into the car. If you notice a wet headliner in proximity to the sunroof opening, then this is most likely the cause. To drain the tubes, squeeze the nipples and some water and other crap may/should flow out. If you think there may be a tube clog, it's a good idea to carefully pour a cup or so of water into the sunroof tray to flush each of the tubes out. I would do this until the water flows out clearly and easily.

NOTE: Some repositioning of the car may be necessary to individually place each of the drain holes at the lowest point of the tray ... that is unless you've figured out a way to beat gravity and make water flow uphill.

VTi_b0i
21-05-2007, 09:22 AM
awsome responce mate! :thumbsup:
thanks heaps ill look into that when ive got a spare chance :p

the legardo
21-05-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't know if the Accord is the same as the Prelude but it should be very similar.. you have to take out the side (maybe whole) boot trim and you'll see em plugged into the chassis of the car.. what I did was I got the water hose and stuck it into the tube and turned the water on for a few secs so the water goes up the tube a little bit to clean it the tube out.. I then got the tube plugs and cleaned them indivdually and put it back together. My sunroof has never leaked but it doesn't hurt to clean the plugs out once in a while.. the front drain plugs ones are a bitch to get to (on my lude anyway) but my front ones weren't dirty at all.. the rear ones get clogged up more than the front and are more prone to getting blocked.

Oh and make sure you have a bucket next to you too :thumbsup:

VTi_b0i
21-05-2007, 01:41 PM
thanks mate :) might get a mate over 2 give me a hand haha doesnt seem like a real easy job