PDA

View Full Version : Which Eibach to get?

scyt7e
18-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, read up all threads in suspension but what i have left to know is:

Which spring should i get in terms of Eibach to achieve a drop where my 16" wheels on 205/45 on my ek1 will sit so taht the tyres are around a finger space or so from the guard?

eibach prokit springs or

eibach sportline springs.

this is also assuming i buy kyb agx shocks.

'any1 on this combo please help or pointers will be great.

narut0
19-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Pro kit lowers your car approximately 1.5" front 1.3" rear. You can get away without getting a camber/alignment kit. Sportline will be 1.8" lower front and rear. Camber/alignment kit is a must.

Are you getting your KYB AGX and Eibach here in Australia? Let me know how much you're getting them for and maybe I can give you a better quote.

FYI, KYB AGX is not available for your EK1 according to the 2007 KYB Australian Catalogue. But I can still get them if that's the shocks you really prefer. I suggest you research more on your shock options e.g. bilstein, koni

scyt7e
19-05-2007, 01:29 AM
kyb agx is going for 500 shipped from US, i cant afford konis.... they're like 1k is blistein good? how much is eibach sportline? on ebay they're going for around 300 shipped to australia. so thats 800 intotal?. i just am not very sure of the final ride height after i install the springs and shocks, even if you tel lme the drop it doesnt help because my current height is not stock anyway. I think the previous owner cut the springs on my ek... dodgy probably the effect im seeing atm, my shocks are like... gone.. :(

narut0
19-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't know where you get them from but Eibach sportline for 300 is cheap! I can't compete with that.

Sportline or Pro kit, either way it is tuned specifically for your car. But as said before, if you go for sportline (which I suggest you get if you're after a finger space from the guard) camber/alignment kit is a must.

For shocks, just go for eibach pro dampers as well. They are tuned and precision engineered for pro kit and sportline. I can get them for around 600-700 aud delivered.

scyt7e
19-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Very interesting can you give me a definite quote inclusive of shipping to perth? i'll consider it. and i got to find out how much it would cost to get some1 to sintall it, or should i do it myself :(. and i'll read up on those dampers as well
thanks man. appreciate your help. another thing is i dont want to sacrifice a lot of comfort, i drive a fair amount of people around everyday so wont be a great thing if its too hard a ride

scyt7e
19-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Any1 on eibach pro-sport dampers?

BlitZ
20-05-2007, 09:34 PM
ill take a set of eibach for 300.. that damn cheap

scyt7e
20-05-2007, 10:00 PM
its on ebay.. but im not sure about how much it lowers etc.... =(

narut0
21-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Very interesting can you give me a definite quote inclusive of shipping to perth? i'll consider it.

PM sent.

scyt7e
21-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Any one on eibach pro dampers? and those peeps on prokit if you can provide a pic side on would be definately helpful in my decision :D

siir
21-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Any one on eibach pro dampers? and those peeps on prokit if you can provide a pic side on would be definately helpful in my decision :D

hey bro,

its kinda hard to show the exact measurement :: due to/depending on which sussy you use..coz every sussy has different measurement..
for instance I used to have koni with eibach pro kit (2 finger fender to tire)and apexi with eibach pro kit..(1 finger fender to tire) and with the stock shock with eibach prokit is around 3-3.5 finger from fender to tire.
also due to the weigh of the car also effect the height but not that much :)

for comfort, less hassle, i recommend the eibach pro kit.. simply because of camber and this way you wont waste your inside tire due to camber :)
hope that helps dude!:thumbsup:

scyt7e
21-05-2007, 03:39 PM
hey, yeah thanks that really does help. i think im going to get yellows instead of agx. how did you find your eibach/koni setup?. :thumbsup: ?

SINISTR
21-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Eibach Pro-Kit is a kit which doesn't lower the car very much. My gen1 crx only went down by about 2cm (rear only as front doesn't have springs).

scyt7e
21-05-2007, 03:58 PM
But if you're on koni's you can achieve a drop lower than that right? cause pro is supposed to only provide a drop around around 1.5 front 1.3 rear. 1.3" is around 2 cm, just slightly more?

siir
21-05-2007, 04:16 PM
But if you're on koni's you can achieve a drop lower than that right? cause pro is supposed to only provide a drop around around 1.5 front 1.3 rear. 1.3" is around 2 cm, just slightly more?

my guess is around 2.5-3.5 finger (tire to fender) bro.. coz thats wut i measure to my eg5.. the ride is good and quite firm too :)

**added: btw my apexi is adjustable damper :)

but its all upto you man.. im nnot sure how low it will go with your ek civic

scyt7e
21-05-2007, 04:21 PM
haha 2 finger is ok 4 is too much but yeah i'll keep reading up and order my konis for now. :thumbsup:

SINISTR
21-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Suspension 'drop' doesn't depend on shock height - its dependent on spring height. I don't know how different shocks can alter the height?

The only time you'd get a shorter shock is to allow for lowered springs eg: fitting a stock length shock on a super low spring will damage the suspension (not to mention its dangerous) as the shock is working compressed and therefore doesn't have its 'tested' suspension characteristics.

Choose the spring height you want and then choose a shock to suit - not the other way around - if you get the lower eibach kit (sports kit) choose damper adjustable shocks to suit that.

I'd recommend giving Peter Wilkinson at WSC (Wilkinsons Suspension Centre) a call and chatting to him about whats available and best suits your setup :)

_FeRiO_
21-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Im running Koni Yellows with Eibach Sportlines, but on a DC2 however. I know it wont be exactly the same as you Ek but it may still help....
The Koni yellows have a height adjustment of 3 perch levels. Im on the middle perch for front (1 3/4 finger gap tyre to fender), and the lowest perch at the rear (1 finger gap tyre to fender) so height may not be as much of a problem than you may think. This spring and shock combo is great and totally liveable for everyday driving, especially with the inclusion of the damper adjustments from the Konis. Hope that helps, and again, this is my experience on a DC2.

civic_mods
21-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Suspension 'drop' doesn't depend on shock height - its dependent on spring height. I don't know how different shocks can alter the height?

The only time you'd get a shorter shock is to allow for lowered springs eg: fitting a stock length shock on a super low spring will damage the suspension (not to mention its dangerous) as the shock is working compressed and therefore doesn't have its 'tested' suspension characteristics.

Choose the spring height you want and then choose a shock to suit - not the other way around - if you get the lower eibach kit (sports kit) choose damper adjustable shocks to suit that.

I'd recommend giving Peter Wilkinson at WSC (Wilkinsons Suspension Centre) a call and chatting to him about whats available and best suits your setup :)

i think wat he meant is with konis yellows, there is 3 level of height adjustment on the spring seat on the shock so u can change the height of the car through this way.

scyt7e
22-05-2007, 12:20 AM
yeah that was what i was referring too :thumbsup: thanks for that civic_mods, i'll order in the konis tomorrow, got to figure out which springs i want,.. should i use kings which i can get for almost free mayb for the time being and then get eibach later? or will that affect the shocks? swapping springs at any time matters? or not? is there such thing as a break in period or something where once you start on a certain spring and rate etc if you swap will it make any difference?

siir
22-05-2007, 10:51 AM
yeah that was what i was referring too :thumbsup: thanks for that civic_mods, i'll order in the konis tomorrow, got to figure out which springs i want,.. should i use kings which i can get for almost free mayb for the time being and then get eibach later? or will that affect the shocks? swapping springs at any time matters? or not? is there such thing as a break in period or something where once you start on a certain spring and rate etc if you swap will it make any difference?

dude better do it once and get it right :) why waste ur money for installation (king springs) then changing it to eibach.. i would recomend that you wait for it and install it at the same time to save money and time yo :P
so that you can use your money else where with other mods hahah
good luck wif the searching :thumbsup: