PDA

View Full Version : Hi new member - total Noob needs help

Minhzors
20-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi new member here
i just bought a Honda Integra GSI 1997 for 6000 - its my first car under my name.
its pretty cool and i like it so far. The sunroof is l33t and its go more power than the previous 4cyl cars ive driven - camry '92 and astra '03.

However the main reason i joined this forum is to iron out some gripes

1) The power antenna is broken - its stuck and it will only go down to 1/3 of the way (it will go up all the way) and the antenna motor goes chug chug chug for 5 seconds whenever i turn it to radio - quite annoying as that happens everytime you turn the car off as well. I think I also bent it as there is a kink in it somewhere - must of parked too close to a tree. Hmmm it went all the way down only a couple of days ago as from my pic.

EDIT: ok i looked around on the forum - my solutions are to douse it with WD40 or something? or use that bee sting thing from s2000? hmmm looks complicated lols

2) My front windscreen spraying things won't work. The front tube to the water compartment is black or something. (The tube to teh back washers work - it is orangy /redish). I can't seem to access it- its sitting under the engine.

3) Lol not a real problem - but someone has badged the back honda badge... can you get cheap replacements anywhere? Looks a bit funny if theres just two little holes.

If anyone could direct me to the appropriate threads / provide any help i would greatly appreciate that.

Also sorry about the pic its the only 1 i got (don't mean too much offense)...got this friend called Max who thinks he topstuff with an xr6!

EDIT:

I've decided to go for the s2k bee sting look.
As my car knowledge is pretty low....
Does anyone have it and can do it for me (Sydney)
I'll shout you a beer...nah j/k ill pay for the antenna and labour cost (200-250 is reasonable i think).

Bludger
20-05-2007, 04:02 PM
However the main reason i joined this forum is to iron out some gripes

when you problems are solved, you're outa here????????????????

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

TheFranchise
20-05-2007, 04:03 PM
welcome buddy, hope all your issues get sorted out quickly and you enjoy your stay on ozhonda

santa3563
20-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Any problems with any HONDAs take it to HANNY's PERFORMANCE, 3/28 Victoria St Smithfield NSW. Name : Robert Tel. 9725 5115 .He does Honda only using genuine parts.