PDA

View Full Version : Weird Noise !!! Help

SHIFTY
21-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey guyz and girlz...

i have been searching this forum and many others for the past hour for information on a weird noise my car is making

the car is a DC2R and only has a few mod's such as: Exhaust and muffler, trust filter in stock intake box, buddy club coilovers (just fitted day before noise started 2 acure)

just thought i post the mods as i have seen in other threads with noises ppl like 2 know whats done 2 car as these mods can cause weird noises..

now 2 explain the noise!

it is like there is something loose under the car especialy on the passanger side...
when i start my car a weird noise from the gearshifter is made along with a weird vibration/shaking....
it makes the noise over bumps and when moving... i noticed aswell that when i have the clutch at the friction (release) point it makes the noise... but only in gear...

could it be that the g/b mount is loose or something??

or a bushing is in need of replacing.. the noise is making me paranoid and iv been looking under the car heaps 2 try figure it out but i cant!!!

i am gona put it on a hoist 2moz at work and have a proper look... but are there any things i should be looking at in specific or has this happaned 2 some1 else b4 so they could share some light?

all help would be greatly apreciated!!!

thanks, Dave

Edit.. - already checked all the engine mounts... (rear and the side mounts)

ATM thinking gearbox mount ??

bennjamin
21-05-2007, 09:28 PM
does the actual shifter move alittle when you accelerate ? (IE back and forth alittle)
Could be the actual shifter bushing is loose/broken - and the shift linkage is sitting ontop of the exhaust piping giving the noise you hear and the shifting problem?