PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Fuel Door.. Hooyah

chriskoh2000
22-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Hiya All;

Juz found tis baby on Ebay and contacted the manufacturer for a Civic 06-07 Model and they can DO it :cool: . I am NOT advertising for him, juz want to share wat I found for all honda Civic enthusiasts. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06-Mitsubishi-EVO-7-8-9-Carbon-Fiber-Fuel-Door_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33642QQihZ020QQite mZ300111814810QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

Cheers!!:wave:

steve88
22-05-2007, 02:32 PM
hehe looks a bit rice imo

aimre
22-05-2007, 02:44 PM
that will get stoled so quick

[[d a n n y]]
22-05-2007, 02:50 PM
might try that actually thanks for the link
ill buy 1 for my evo and see how it is

VTi_b0i
22-05-2007, 02:59 PM
yeahh i actually think that would look hot as with a carbon bonnet and lip etc :p

rivergod
22-05-2007, 05:20 PM
i cant access ebay from work...

how much does it cost? is it full cf? or just coated?

aimre
22-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Perfect Fitment (No modifications required) Direct Replacement of OEM Fuel/Gas Door (NOT FULL CARBON FIBER)

Just coated i guess

steve88
22-05-2007, 11:26 PM
probably decal lol

chriskoh2000
23-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Errr.. It is not a decal from wat I was told. The manufacturer will be getting a OEM fuel door from honda and he will CARBON fiber it which means that he will Wrap it in a layer of real carbon fibrer and apply resin to it~ And the good thing is it is cheap =) He quoted me $100(including Postage)

tommmoe
23-05-2007, 09:08 AM
personaly i wouldnt trust anyone to make cf other than a 'brand' name would you want your fuel door falling off, and people syphoning fuel like crazy?

Kiz_EG6
23-05-2007, 11:17 AM
wOw man, that will drop like 80 kilos off your car, it'll go so much faster!!

chriskoh2000
23-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Kekekek Is not for the "Kilos" is for the "LooK"....

Kiz_EG6
23-05-2007, 03:27 PM
but c/f looks like unfinished shit, why would you want that on your car, it would be like having an unsprayed fibreglass bodykit, just for the look, if you just want the look why not put one of those fully sick race filler cap stickers over the normal one!!

rivergod
23-05-2007, 05:28 PM
but c/f looks like unfinished shit, why would you want that on your car, it would be like having an unsprayed fibreglass bodykit, just for the look, if you just want the look why not put one of those fully sick race filler cap stickers over the normal one!!

you dont like the look of cf?! :eek:

destrukshn
23-05-2007, 06:00 PM
point?
some people like the look.
lol.
no reason to have a ****ing cry about it.

Kiz_EG6
24-05-2007, 01:15 PM
sorry guys i just find something like a carbon fibre fuel cap to be the epitome of ricer wannabe rubbish!

I mean honestly, the whole idea of c/f is weight reduction, and to have a fuel cap made of it is ridiculous!

Why not just get some fake c/f adhesive ansd save urself the $$ and dont tell me it's coz that's not the real thing!!

--eskimo-eg--
24-05-2007, 01:32 PM
sorry guys i just find something like a carbon fibre fuel cap to be the epitome of ricer wannabe rubbish!

I mean honestly, the whole idea of c/f is weight reduction, and to have a fuel cap made of it is ridiculous!

Why not just get some fake c/f adhesive ansd save urself the $$ and dont tell me it's coz that's not the real thing!!

fake c/f wont look as good, from the pic i think its wrapped in real carbon fiber sheet which looks much better than fake $5 cf stickers

some ppl just love the look of cf and i dont see anything wrong with that

btw i think the fuel cap is nice, but it depends on the colour of the car though, if its black i think it'll look good, it wont be so contrast and wont attract attention so much, but thats just my opinion though, if its AUD100 i think its not a bad price considering shipping from us is quite costly

rivergod
24-05-2007, 05:22 PM

you're not nice. here on OH we enforce to each their own and whoever doesnt like it, express your opinion but before you speak, know that on OH, everyone, even a king’s messenger, is responsible for their voice. Now…what message do you bring?

xenfacta
24-05-2007, 10:04 PM
i like cf but i think itll jus stick out like dogs balls. depends on ur paint job. on black it wont look too bad....

Rice_4_life
24-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I like ricers, the cars are so easy to work on cos it's next to stock :D.

yellow-dc2
27-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I think KIZ_EG6 has a valid point!

Save the money for something that it's worth spending on.
i.e. when was the last time some of you serviced your car with decent oil.

If you are after the rice look then go to Supercheap and get yourself some Spoon stickers and blue L.E.D's, and they won't get pinched when you go in to get some milk and bread.

Carbon fiber is for weight reduction not looks and if you want the look! buy a sticker cos the people that are gonna notice C/F won't give a shit if its a sticker or the real thing.

chriskoh2000
27-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Well Guys;

Thank U for the "Kind" comments. At the end of the dae is how I want my Car to look. To share is out of good will~.. Will not be sharing anymore things. I know wat is CF for~ and whether is it nice a not is up to me to judge. Next time when U visit a museum or art gallery; please advise the artist to make proper vase to hold flowers then to make nice looking art.

With Regards
Chris

xenfacta
27-05-2007, 02:39 PM
dude chill out.. from my experience, most honda forums focus on wat an add on will do for performance. they'll almost always go lightweight rims v. chrome and engine work over aesthetic. the cf cap doesnt add anything to performance so it was bound to be flamed. aesthetically, its ur choice. if you like that look then go for it, dont let any clown tell u wat u should and shouldnt do but expect an opinion from the keyboard warriors.

dunno if u bought it or not - if u did enjoy it. its ur ride do watever u want with it

Kiz_EG6
28-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Well Guys;

Thank U for the "Kind" comments. At the end of the dae is how I want my Car to look. To share is out of good will~.. Will not be sharing anymore things. I know wat is CF for~ and whether is it nice a not is up to me to judge. Next time when U visit a museum or art gallery; please advise the artist to make proper vase to hold flowers then to make nice looking art.

With Regards
Chris

Please, PLEASE don't tell me you just compared your car to a timeless work of art hanging in a gallery somewhere!!

I was honestly just trying to help you with keeping your honda out of the class of wantabe rice lancers and gay ass excels, we already have that reputation with enough of the modified car community!!

Anyway man, good luck with it... really, i could just find somewhere slightly better to be putting 100 bucks into your car, maybe towards a nice CAI!!

Rice_4_life
28-05-2007, 09:41 PM
true that, please don't add another ricer on the road, I got laughed at today cos some fully sick bro's were at maccas revving their vl turbo's till the spool and all I had were some white wheels.

Kiz_EG6
29-05-2007, 07:42 AM
true that, please don't add another ricer on the road, I got laughed at today cos some fully sick bro's were at maccas revving their vl turbo's till the spool and all I had were some white wheels.

Hey man, don't give me that, i know you've got a B series under the hood, i would hardly call you a ricer man, not in the way that a stock excel with sum underbody neons and chrome hubcaps is!!

Kazaf
29-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Would look pretty stupid.
Looks like you just replaced that part, if you can paint your bonnet black, paint your fuel door black. for that carbon fibre look

JaCe
29-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I was honestly just trying to help you with keeping your honda out of the class of wantabe rice lancers and gay ass excels, we already have that reputation with enough of the modified car community!!

Anyway man, good luck with it... really, i could just find somewhere slightly better to be putting 100 bucks into your car, maybe towards a nice CAI!!

Yeh man it's your ride, you're free to do as you wish. Although with $100, you could spend it in other areas I reckon even if you only want appearance. For example, the replica Mugen grille is around that price depending on quality and who you buy it from, and visors are cheaper than that. Heck you can even buy the chrome headlamp covers or replace the stock headlight bulbs (which are crap in the Civic06/07) with Crystalvision ones which I bet will look alot snazzier than a fuel cap wrapped in a sheet of CF (on a sidenote; if it's wrapping an OEM fuel door in CF, doesn't that mean it's not saving any weight whatsoever?). Or you could save the money and put it towards the official Mugen gear, the rear wing, rims, even neons. Whilst I know it's not my ride to judge, but I reckon any of those items mentioned so far, will look better on the whole than just changing the fuel door (and nothing else) on your Civic.

yellow-dc2
30-05-2007, 07:43 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w88/blacktopspirit/Rice.jpg

Boban
30-05-2007, 07:48 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/80ban/Dsc00064.jpg