PDA

View Full Version : NOS will my car take it

serpo
22-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey guys I have a Stock CRX 87, will that engine take a shot of NOS??? or will I melt pistons?

EKVTIR-T
22-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I think a 50hp shot is meant to be fine on a stock motor but only for short burst's.
Why would you want it anyway?It's illegal to have it hooked up to a street car.Just boost it if you want more hp.....

serpo
22-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I think a 50hp shot is meant to be fine on a stock motor but only for short burst's.
Why would you want it anyway?It's illegal to have it hooked up to a street car.Just boost it if you want more hp.....

ye but all my mates have Turbos and nothing but troubles im going for cheap N/A power like high compression pistons and a ZC head with nos

aaronng
22-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Go wet shot for sure. If you want to go dry shot, you need an aftermarket ECU that is able to add in extra fuel when you use nitrous so you won't melt your pistons. You cannot rely on just your MAP sensor to add in more fuel like in a low pressure turbo because manifold pressure increase from nitrous does not reflect the amount of additional fuel required.

chunky
22-05-2007, 05:26 PM
wet shot with 5 tank reserve ;)

serpo
22-05-2007, 05:27 PM

lol 1 tank

EKVTIR-T
22-05-2007, 05:29 PM
But is this for a daily driver or drag car?Seriously no point for a road car,especially a wet set-up.

EKVTIR-T
22-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Do you know what wet shot is?

serpo
22-05-2007, 05:35 PM
its for street lol just want a quick car and NOS seems to be the answer lol

EKVTIR-T
22-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Ok cool.Street car then forget nos man.;)
NA modding won't be cheap with honda mate.Maybe look into a cheap engine swap like a b18b or sohc vtec's go well in ed's as well.

krogoth
22-05-2007, 05:48 PM
ooohhhh

make sure u get the NOS purge in red, like u can do in NFS underground bro

lol

oooh

and make sure u put ur big fat blue bottle right next to teh sub bro, lol

chunky
22-05-2007, 06:21 PM
i agree with krogoth
nothing like spraying ur nos up girls skirts

serpo
22-05-2007, 07:00 PM
i agree with krogoth
nothing like spraying ur nos up girls skirts

lol im gonna do that now, show these biatches who i am lol

eg92b16a
23-05-2007, 08:23 PM
lol im gonna do that now, show these biatches who i am lol

Make sure that NOS is wet, cos you don't want them girls drying out, DO YOU.:p

bennjamin
23-05-2007, 08:25 PM
nitrous oxide isnt forced in anyway - tis a additive . Moved to noob section.

serpo
23-05-2007, 09:26 PM
broooooo fully sick bro turbo

ummm no not turbo

serpo
23-05-2007, 09:37 PM
sorry bro, no turbo? is power?

its stock CRX 87 (yes late 87 with D16) with Extractors and I want NOS lol

24-05-2007, 01:45 AM
HAHAHA... this is sounda good idea :p NOS ZC ^^

NOS gonna help you clean out youR combustion chambers. Which includes
Intake VALVES and the wall area.. it will give you a better results for the long run .. u might notice some efficiency gain after couples of NOS*taking note* not 24/7 purging it LOL

WELL THATS THE THEORY !! can any body confirm it ? thnks :)

Mr_will
24-05-2007, 01:51 AM
lol man you have the worst ideas - first it was a 180sx coz you dont want to understeer, now NOS

i reckon the best bet is for you to get a ride in a car with nos, then see if you like it.

if youre worried about not being able to control your car, nos probly isnt the way to go

serpo
24-05-2007, 02:12 AM
lol man you have the worst ideas - first it was a 180sx coz you dont want to understeer, now NOS

i reckon the best bet is for you to get a ride in a car with nos, then see if you like it.

if youre worried about not being able to control your car, nos probly isnt the way to go

lol hmmm maybe your right lol, I wanted 180 cos I wrote my CRX off but insurance came through and fixed it so ican never sell it the freakin think owes me $13,000 all together lol NOS would be awsome for my drag runs against my mates (at a track)

Vinnie
24-05-2007, 04:31 PM
ffs mate, jus buy a faster car ;)

chunky
24-05-2007, 07:01 PM
is NOS illegal if you drive your car on the streets aswell?
say u use ur car for track and street
will u have to remove the nos tanks everytime u drive on roads?

vtegra
24-05-2007, 07:31 PM
(chunky) basically yes.. if you get pulled over, the cops would probly give you a fine.. and make you take it off.

(serpo) will your car take nos...well It all depends on the application. A "wet" kit is ideal for both normally aspirated applications as well as forced induction applications. It can require a little bit more installation time than a "dry" kit, but is easier to tune if greater than stock HP settings are to be experimented with. A "dry" kit is excellent for normally aspirated combinations that have a return style fuel system. They are very easy to install and are a great "first time" nitrous system. It is not recommended that "dry" systems be used on forced induction engines.

on a dry nitrous setup mostly u should only run up to a 75 shot and not over.. the reason why is.. U have no fuel added for this setup!!! dont even try... it would be stupid! anyways.. back to what i was saying... on a dry kit u have no added fuel so when u "spray" as we call it u arent adding any fuel so therefore it is unsafe to go past a limit of fuel to air ratio.. in retrospect, this would make u go lean going above those settings... but myself, i like Wet Kits.. U r adding fuel and can go up to a 125 shot from what i have seen built honda motors take on something other than a direct port setup... so that being said, here is where i will break it down and get in the info i want to....

on a Wet nitrous kit u are adding fuel to nitrous instead of A) the computer compensating.. or B) u doing it manually.. the kit, or "nozzle" is doing it for you.. now what this does is optimize fuel to air ratio by adding what else, fuel and somewhat air... this allows the engine to take more with out damage because of the added fuel... now b4 i used to love my dry nitrous kit from ZEX. the reason why was ecause u had that neat little box and u could hook up the Vac line to the FPR and basically increase Fuel pressure with more vac and basically make the FPR think it is seing boosted conditions and increase fuel. Cause nitrous is a form of FI then u must need more fuel, most of the time anyways, that or your engine will like it more in FI moments anyways, for a better A/F ratio. Kk, so now that we have talked of the ZEX the reason i liked it as because i couldn`t tune my car, the reason why, no extra fuel after spraying because i was only injecting nitrous and not fuel. So some good nice ass fuel managment was out of the question for me, i went from I/H/E and a Straight pipe/Test pipe with the nitrous jet at a 65 and the fuel jet (yes, even though it is a dry kit, it uses a fuel jet to regulate the "bosst" that the FPR sees to corespond with how much nitrous is getting used) at a 75 shot, the reason why was because i thought i was injecting more fuel. wrong!

even though ZEX claims to be the "safer" kit they do really baby there stuff and that is why it is "safer".. what i mean is, NX, NOs and all the other kits that are alike rate at the wheels for HP, and the ZEX kit is rated at the flywheel. That blows because that mans using a ZEX kit u will make less power than a NX kit or other, doesn`t sound right does it? ok then, so again, i went from that setup to a NX wet kit, the reason why i like it. i can finally use some bomb ass computer softeware to tune and still use my nitrous because i am injecting fuel and nitrous now, so technically my A/F ratio should be the same all the way accross.. so this is what i did.. i had my new nitrous kit installed and hit the dyno, i tuned with my SAFC for a little it and pulled a couple ponies and some better MPG, which is awsome, cause with the rising gas prices tuning may actually be in mind for more people to squeeze out a couple reliable HP and more MPG.. so that being said... i tuned and got a nice A/F and then i started thinking, so my mind was racing and i hit my work (AutoZone) and picked up some Bosch super plugs (DO NOT USE PLATS.!!!) anyways, put em in and was happy to see what kind of A/F`s i woul see with nitrous, so i made the run.... and was psyched when i found out the results, awsome air/fuel ratio, this thing rocled i mean, perfect, and even though i was at 60 HP jets i felt comfortable using this kit, it made me more at ease knowing that i was using fuel also...

Edgeauto
24-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Gotta remember it costs $110 to fill a 10lb bottle with nos which will last under 2 minutes even with a 50hp kit.

TEGZOTIC
29-06-2007, 01:33 AM
dude just do a engine swap or chuk a turbo in,,,
nos is very illegal if cops find you with it connected, expect a mAssive fine,,, LIKE thousands of dollars, my mate got busted with it in his skyline,,, had 4 bottles,, $8,000 fine....

this isnt fast and furious,,, by you chuking in a nos system your car isnt going to beat faster cars than a modified jap car(and think about it which 1 isnt moded these days,, my integra could prob still beat you by a mile with you on nos if your engine is stock,,, so smarten up and moddify your engine properly.

dont get my wrong im not bagging nos,, i just think its totaly stupid on a stock engine

ACTI0NMAN-1
18-11-2007, 10:44 PM
If your engine is in good enough nick to turbo then using nos will be fine.
Make sure you know your fuel to n20 ratios and how nitrous works. Listen to people who have used nitrous, and not people who have just read about it.

grumpy rooster
19-11-2007, 01:05 PM
If your engine is in good enough nick to turbo then using nos will be fine.
Make sure you know your fuel to n20 ratios and how nitrous works. Listen to people who have used nitrous, and not people who have just read about it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

If you do decide to go with nitrous I would advice you to go with the NOS brand as there is much more support available and buying bits and pieces is much easier than the other systems on the market.

DreadAngel
20-11-2007, 04:21 PM
4 mths later lol :p

grumpy rooster
21-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Better late than never. :D