PDA

View Full Version : What Size throttle body for my b20/vtec

pwr2w8
22-05-2007, 06:04 PM
im looking at purchasing 1 of these, please advise what size will be best.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330120235089&rd=1&rd=1

aaronng
22-05-2007, 06:07 PM
You do know that the auction is a preorder?

fatboyz39
23-05-2007, 12:33 AM
We use 68mm on our b20/vtec.

grumpy rooster
23-05-2007, 09:12 AM
We need to know what your engine specs are to tell you correctly. One with extensive modifications will need a bigger throttle body than a stock one.

I'd speak to someone who can give you the right answer. ;)

DynoDave
23-05-2007, 09:25 AM
im looking at purchasing 1 of these, please advise what size will be best.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330120235089&rd=1&rd=1
Why would you ask anyone on here if your engine is being built by JG in the states they should be giving you the complete package if not complete they would give you a list of parts needed to make the power there engine should.
Regards Dyno Dave

JohnnyVtec
23-05-2007, 09:39 AM
what cams, header, intake manifold and compression are you running?

I Can get you the real version of that throttlebody, that one is a chinese fake and (IS NOT) billet! I can get you any size throttlebody you want, but it would be better if you tell me your specs so that you get the one you (Need). i can get you from 68mm type r style cast, all the way to 80mm (Real) billet MADE IN USA with all the hardware+ hot water bypass. I can also get any throttlebody taper bored.

Let me know:thumbsup:

Oh almost forgot, i can get them cheaper than that too!!!

pwr2w8
23-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Why would you ask anyone on here if your engine is being built by JG in the states they should be giving you the complete package if not complete they would give you a list of parts needed to make the power there engine should.
Regards Dyno Dave

Dave the reason im asking because i want to run throttle body with skunk2 re worked intake, but jg will be suppling me with some 50mm TWM ITB's.
i want to test with 2 different setups, hope this clears it up

DynoDave
23-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Dave the reason im asking because i want to run throttle body with skunk2 re worked intake, but jg will be suppling me with some 50mm TWM ITB's.
i want to test with 2 different setups, hope this clears it up
Not really dude but each to there own,if the motor comes setup with quads there is a reason for that why would you try to undo all JG's work they have designed and built more engines than I would say than all of the shops have in this country put together.
Regards Dyno Dave

grumpy rooster
23-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I have to agree with Dave. JG have a reputation for being one of the best so why would you go and undo what they provide. They have these combinations for a reason. They have devoted heaps of time and money to R&D to come up with combinations that work.

It seems strange to then undo all this. Saying all that, if you want to sell the throttle bodies I'm sure I can find you a buyer. ;)