PDA

View Full Version : low beam headlight not working sometimes

enkay
22-05-2007, 07:11 PM
okay ive got mtec 6000k low beam hids (lux model) and the left headlight stops working but sometimes it does. at first i thought maybe it was a blown bulb as recently it just stopped workin all together.
so tonite i opened it up and found out it was loose, so i thought that was the problem.. but after installing it again i turned on the headlights and it makes this buzzing sound for like a second or so and the headlight didnt work. i then repeatedly turned it on and off (like 3 times) and the headlight worked but not always [have to turn it off and on a couple times b4 it works (at random)]
okay so heres what im thinking, maybe something is wrong with the connection? or maybe the something wrong with the bulb?
and is the buzzing noise normal? haha sure doesnt sound normal.
anyone help me?

aaronng
22-05-2007, 08:02 PM
It's probably the ballast. That's what you get with cheap HIDs.

enkay
22-05-2007, 08:52 PM
ah k fair enough isnt the ballast like oem anyways? but yer so far it seems fixed now (fixed itself) it always turns on now lol o.0 but thanks anyways

zpreme
22-05-2007, 09:14 PM
I kind of had that problem as well... Works, then stops... I had switch my high beams to low beams or whatever to get my HIDs working. Took it to an auto elec. Apparently, the wires leading to that fuse was burnt out or something.

sendok
22-05-2007, 10:08 PM
try check the balast or the connection (Plug)... or maybe yeah the bulbs start dying...

E-Gene
22-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Definitely the ballast. I had the same problem on my last car. Yup, cheap HID kit was my problem.

NeoNode
22-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Enkay has a Luxury Model Euro which was stated in the first post.
So most likely only the bulbs has been changed, although I don't understand why the need to change the OEM bulbs.

aaronng
22-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Nah, the only company that makes D2S bulbs are the big companies. MTEC only makes the upgrade kits for use in the H series (halogen) socket.

corn_flakes
23-05-2007, 12:10 AM
then maybe he's using upgrade kit bulbs with his lux ballasts?

NeoNode
23-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Then I sure as hope nothing was modified to accomodate "H" designated aftermarket bulbs, that would probably explain why it's failing.

sendok
23-05-2007, 09:24 AM
MTEC not have d2s like aaronng said... that's true..

hope to hear from enkay, i believe he change the whole kit not only change the bulbs...

enkay
23-05-2007, 10:25 AM
okay um, i used the oem ballasts and stuff i only changed the bulbs which are from mtec got them from akansx on these boards..
http://onspire.com/MTEC_D2C_BULBS/D2C_6000_AutoPerfect.jpg
they are these ones haha.. accept it says d2s on it

aaronng
23-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Wow, interesting. I eat my own words. :p

Looks like your bulbs crapped out or it damaged your ballast. Have you tried swapping back your original HID bulbs in?

Drew
23-05-2007, 11:22 PM
My Accord the driver side HID stops working sometimes, very random usually when I flash high beams it turns off...

Need to switch em off n on again to relight it... odd
Like sometimes it will do it 3-5 times a night then it'd be sweet for 6 months

corn_flakes
24-05-2007, 02:01 AM
my cheapie HIDs i got from ebay are still working fine!

i've also noticed that when you've got your headlights OFF, and u switch ur highbeams on (light when u want to flash someone), the low beams turn on as well.

does this happen with every car? i've always thought that only the high beams light up, not the low beams....

destrukshn
24-05-2007, 08:34 AM
if you want a cheap oem ballast, give me a pM.