PDA

View Full Version : 95 accord antenna problem

--eskimo-eg--
22-05-2007, 10:50 PM
hey guys, i got a really annoying prob w my car, the prev owner said that the antenna is bent so it wont fully retract but the motor keeps on trying to retract the freakin antenna for a few seconds which make really annoying grinding noise

do you guys think that i can just change it to something like the s2000 antenna so the antenna doesnt have to go up and down anymore? or is it better to change to a new oem one?

Vinnie
23-05-2007, 08:00 AM
new oem one will not be cheap... mine is also a bit bent and clicks when it retracts (but does fully retract), it seems to be a pretty common prob in cd5's. i jus gently bent mine back the other way and coated in in grease and it works alright. dunno how bad urs is tho...

avid
23-05-2007, 08:13 AM
I had the same problem on wifes car.Bought an insert labeled for 95-96 Accord from a radio shop they said was a straight fit. It wasnt,but i managed to make it all work as per factory.Cost me $39.95 for the insert(nylon gear cord and new antenna).Takes a few up and downs for the gear cord to wind on fully,but when it does the noise you are referring to ceases.If i had to do it again i probably would try the wreckers first.

ECU-MAN
23-05-2007, 09:17 AM
OEM ones are about $120

zel05
23-05-2007, 09:44 AM
is a common problem for cd5's...

I just disconnected the aerial...still works alright.

--eskimo-eg--
23-05-2007, 11:07 AM
thx for the reply guys, hmm 120 seems a bit exp for just an antenna

zel05, if i disconnected the aerial is the radio still gonna work?

zel05
23-05-2007, 11:10 AM
mine did...

But it was disconnected when i bought it...I have no evidence to proove whether there was an internal antenna put in its place.

Disconnect it, its just a plug...and see if it still works...Worse case is the radio doesnt work, but the stupid problem will go away...Just have to listen to cd's :P

sugz
23-05-2007, 01:22 PM
you can stil listen to radio but the reception will not be as strong as before

Joeyboy
23-05-2007, 01:27 PM
hey man, i took my power antenna off coz it broke and replaced with just a manual one (coz that was what came with the car when i bought it). anyway, its just a plug that u have to disconnect so it doesnt send a signal to your H/U to raise/lower antenna. If u want a replacement and dont wanna pay $120, click on the link below. found some in ebay for ya (arent I good?! hehe, jokes). lots there, just take your pick. Bare in mind they're from US of A

http://search.ebay.com.au/accord-antenna_W0QQflocZ1QQfromZR40QQsaslcZ2QQsbrexpZWD2S QQssPageNameZWD2S

h22a accord
23-05-2007, 01:31 PM
aeropro sell replacement for the cd5. i payed about 50 or 60 dollars for mine- it was ages ago i cant be sure.

--eskimo-eg--
23-05-2007, 05:32 PM
hey man, i took my power antenna off coz it broke and replaced with just a manual one (coz that was what came with the car when i bought it). anyway, its just a plug that u have to disconnect so it doesnt send a signal to your H/U to raise/lower antenna. If u want a replacement and dont wanna pay $120, click on the link below. found some in ebay for ya (arent I good?! hehe, jokes). lots there, just take your pick. Bare in mind they're from US of A

http://search.ebay.com.au/accord-antenna_W0QQflocZ1QQfromZR40QQsaslcZ2QQsbrexpZWD2S QQssPageNameZWD2S

wow thx alot man thats really helpful!! i disconnected mine, damn i cant listen to radio anymore lol, ill ask the seller how much is the shipping hopefully its not that exp

--eskimo-eg--
23-05-2007, 05:36 PM
aeropro sell replacement for the cd5. i payed about 50 or 60 dollars for mine- it was ages ago i cant be sure.

is it just the antenna or the whole system? thats cheap if its the whole system

23-05-2007, 05:55 PM
hey there,
Try to use in car antenna. i had it on my car ...

Its a common problem in CD5 motor screw up or the gear belt worn out.
i took mine out eventually and change to the in car antenna. it works great easy too install and great reception too for radio :)

*buy from indo man cheaper*

And you wont have the antenna sticking out of ur butt like a radio control !! LOL !!! :p
try to find in Australia First, but it seem that they don't have it in here..

soo as suggestion if ur on holiday buy fews and sell here LOL !!:cool:

--eskimo-eg--
23-05-2007, 05:58 PM
haha thx for the advice

did you really take it out or just leave it lying there? if u did take it out how did u cover the hole? how much did it set u back in indo?

23-05-2007, 06:02 PM
take the motor out and just left the antenna hanging there .. to close the hole lol ...

i can't really remember how much does it cost.. it was 2 years ago =.= .. i bet wont be more then $20 ... :)

Search for the 1 for car antenna not for mobile phone receiver or something :p

sugz
24-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Indo's cheap part ftw :p

h22a accord
25-05-2007, 08:46 AM
is it just the antenna or the whole system? thats cheap if its the whole system

its the whole system. I got it through a mate that works at a shop that installs cb's and streos in trucks etc so he might have given me a pretty good discount.

MRH-22A
25-05-2007, 11:11 AM
hey there,
Try to use in car antenna. i had it on my car ...

Its a common problem in CD5 motor screw up or the gear belt worn out.
i took mine out eventually and change to the in car antenna. it works great easy too install and great reception too for radio :)

*buy from indo man cheaper*

And you wont have the antenna sticking out of ur butt like a radio control !! LOL !!! :p
try to find in Australia First, but it seem that they don't have it in here..

soo as suggestion if ur on holiday buy fews and sell here LOL !!:cool:

Whats this about an in-car antenna? What does it look like? Where do u mount it? is it hidden?

25-05-2007, 11:58 AM
You mount it inside the window..
i'll get you a picture as soon as i can .. (when my car out from the workshop)

its powered by 12 V and then conected straight to the radio/head unit.

its a very small devices. almost the same with the CB/Mobile antenas

Riviera
25-05-2007, 07:59 PM
yea i have the same problem aye, mines not even bent but still does the chugging noise lol i fixed a lil bit more by when it fully extended tio what it would, i pulled it out more to its full extent, let it retract to where it would, then i pushed it right back down the motor chugged at me but hey it turned 5 second chugging into 2

clugg clugg clugg

instead of

clugg clugg clugg clugg clugg clugg clugg clugg clugg

lol could jsut go to a wreckers??? and get another antenna or get one set up across the back windscreemn and shave the other one off

--eskimo-eg--
26-05-2007, 01:45 AM
i disconnected mine a few days ago, and thought i couldnt listen to radio anymore (the display for the channel is completely dead and useless), but today i tried my luck to search for any radio stations that i can listen to without connecting the aerial, apparently i can still listen to stations like nova and fox, so i guess without the antenna we can still use the radio like normal

so i dont think i will be buying any replacements lol, thats just a waste of money. also, my antenna was stucked half way but i decided to try to push it down while wishing it wont break, lucky it didnt lol

26-05-2007, 05:03 AM
ROFL ... aneh2 aja ..

rwq358
11-07-2007, 05:12 PM
i had the same proble. I'm a bit dumb in car, but where u unplugged the antenna?

Joeyboy
11-07-2007, 08:25 PM
i had the same proble. I'm a bit dumb in car, but where u unplugged the antenna?

1. open up your boot
3. take any shite out of your boot
2. take the wall lining/carpet off (from middle to left side where the antenna is).

the antenna's plug is there somewhere Iin between the inner wall of the boot and the wall lining/carpet.