PDA

View Full Version : ok just had a service. hmmmm

quang
23-05-2007, 05:09 PM
so i've just had my service done at honda, and i supplied them with 3 bottles each of OEM fluids for the brake/clutch and tranny, how many litres should have they used? cause i got back two full bottles of tranny and 1 bottle of brake, should they have used more? they told me they would be using around 3 litres for tranny fluid change. also do they bleed the brake system? you need to take off the wheels for that right? my wheels haven't been touched.
so have they done the dodgy on me?
i appreciate the work they do. but sometimes they make me wonder.

thanks

hyrpm
23-05-2007, 05:26 PM
you dont need to take the wheels off to bleed the brakes

destrukshn
23-05-2007, 05:34 PM
if they do it on a hoist, they don't have to take off the wheels.
manual transmission fluid, is 2lts for your ek4.
and the brake fluid, yes it can take up to 2 bottles of it, when bleeding the brakes.

quang
23-05-2007, 07:56 PM
ok, so brakes were cool then, oh well, if they only used a litre for the tranny they only used a litre. does anyone know if the tranny bottles come with a seal or anything to tell if the bottle was opened?

destrukshn
23-05-2007, 07:57 PM
yes comes with a seal.

czy_sol87
24-05-2007, 12:48 AM
the tranny uses a bit more than 2lts

in my manual it says to put in a SG or SF motor oil
does anyone know anything about this, ie what does SG or SF mean, and by motor oil does it mean honda FEO 10w40 oil u use in the engine????
i've also heard this from a mechanic, to use motor oil

aaronng
24-05-2007, 01:18 AM
the tranny uses a bit more than 2lts

in my manual it says to put in a SG or SF motor oil
does anyone know anything about this, ie what does SG or SF mean, and by motor oil does it mean honda FEO 10w40 oil u use in the engine????
i've also heard this from a mechanic, to use motor oil

For your tranny, use MTF. Before MTF was sold, they used 10w-30 motor oil. But now that there is MTF, use MTF only.

vtec_king
03-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Does your brake pedal feels abit stiff after the service? If it does then they did the brake flush...

creativepunka
03-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Does your brake pedal feels abit stiff after the service? If it does then they did the brake flush...

This isnt an acurate way to tell.

bennjamin
03-06-2007, 10:13 PM
This isnt an acurate way to tell.

exactly. Brakes feel the same with dirty/old or fresh fluid , until you start to heat up the brakes and fluid itself.

ralph_ef9
04-06-2007, 10:30 PM
the OEM brake fluid is the best fluid for honda.....sometimes the seal leaks from the brake piston after u use brake fuild from other brand.....this happen to me before......

ralph_ef9
04-06-2007, 10:32 PM
sorry........forgot to say thats a nice job to ur car........

roar
05-06-2007, 12:19 PM
SG or SF are petrol motor oil standards

SG and SF are uber old standards...prolly early 80's

what that means is that there are no additives or detergents found in modern day oils (the newest standards are SL and SM is the latest)

i can understand why they may have used 10w30 oil without additives which would be unnecessary(or harmful) to a gearbox

but yer...i agree with whats been said above

only use MTF