PDA

View Full Version : Ultratune any good ppl?

BlakTegra
06-07-2004, 12:47 AM
I need opinions (good and bad) on the services Ultratune provide.
Are they dodgy and stuff? Any experiences?

They have dyno tuning???

Their TV commercial looks good tho...

vti-2
06-07-2004, 08:00 AM
I can't say i've used them so i can't comment on their work but they seem reputable. Having said that, i'd never take my car there to get tuned. There are heaps better places to go to if you want to tune your car.

By the way Tony, just cause a TV commercial looks good it doesn't mean the place is good. :P

BLKCRX
06-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Oh NO !! is all i can say about them.. eheh

PS you need to have a tuneable ECU before you can dyno tune a car ! ehhe

Regards James

wynode
06-07-2004, 11:48 AM
They are just any normal service garage.

The only 'tuning' that they can do is about the same as what you can do yourself at home.

vti-2
06-07-2004, 12:44 PM
LOL! :D

joneblaze
06-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Plus it's hard to blanket statement a franchise or chain of stores. My local Bob Jane/Midas/Ultratune might have friendly knowledgeable people, while yours suck ass. :)

wynode
06-07-2004, 03:51 PM
As Jon said!

BlakTegra
07-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Ok, I'm not taking my car there then.

Thanks alot boys!

Weq
07-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Rufes1 works at ultratune (apprentince) Ive been to his workshop, its very professional, the mechanics are very reputable, know thier shit and work on all kinds of cars, including very hi-po stuff that the local importer brings em to fix, can anyone say Stageria! All the 'dyno' tuning is subcontracted out, and its basically a way of making sure ur car is putting out a smooth power curve/af's - more a diagnosis tool then anything.
(his at alexandria btw)
In the end though, these kind of shops are just franchieses, and service will vary store to store.

ECU-MAN
07-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Try to find a place that specalises in Honda. im not refeeing to dealership but obvously the dealer would be the best place to take it, for a price.

carbine
10-07-2004, 04:44 AM
If u just want a stamp in your book they aren't bad.

Boost
10-07-2004, 11:04 AM
hahahaha.. ive tried them out at my local center. Dont go there.. they are expensive and not worth it. Although they do send u a letter to notify u that its time for a service! (Time to spend CA$H at Ultra). Id say save the cash, go out and spend it on quality part and DIY or go to a good service center.

ccab1
11-07-2004, 06:48 PM
hey guys is ultratune any good for a minor service? Do u guys know of any good places around the southern eastern region for Hondas?

Lobo
01-08-2004, 03:01 PM
your better off goin to mechanic that owns his own business than an ultra tune, ultra tune end up overly expensive as they have to pay for their franchise fees on top of standard labour charges

Usual Suspect
02-08-2004, 02:07 AM
my mate took his corolla their, and it came back worse than it went in. Dont go to them. DIY or go to a reputable mechanic.

Toby
02-08-2004, 04:04 PM
hey guys is ultratune any good for a minor service?

minor service = an oil and oil filter change, just do that yourself :wink:

Rufes1
04-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Its a franchise, they vary from shop to shop

I work at an ultra tune as an apprentice mechanic. And I must say, before I started working there I would have generalised them as a wank. However since working there my oppinion of the store I work at has changed. Im not trying to give them a rap or anything cause I couldnt care less if you used them or not.

We do everything from services to repairs. The owner of the franchise used to own his own workshop and went to a franchise of ultra tune as there is more money in it. (Handbook services). However apart from that it is the same as any small workshop.

As for tuning, I wouldnt recommend going to an ultra tune. Much better going to an autoelec for a dyno tune. For servicing, I would definetly choose them over a dealership and in general ultra tune will have better facilities than your local self owned business.

Mate the best thing you can do is pop down there, ask a few questions, have a look around. Compare the price to other places and make your own decision.