PDA

View Full Version : EK Headlights sux0rs

Drew
23-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey,

I saw a thread regarding this a few months ago but I can't find it now :(

The headlights are fairly dim and have a shit beam throw...

Never owned an EK before so I've never looked into it...

Someone help me please?

Cause compared to the HID's on the Accord, hell even the VP Commodore is better at night

Thanks 'ya all ^_^

misteR_bilzz
23-05-2007, 11:30 PM
yeah they are a bit chad.. but im pretty sure u can adjust them to what suits the road best factory settings must not be that great.

Drew
23-05-2007, 11:31 PM
You can adjust the aim up and down but that will blind oncoming traffic

kuku
23-05-2007, 11:33 PM
could it be because of the angle of the beam?
i mean like they are pointing too downward

misteR_bilzz
23-05-2007, 11:33 PM
i wouldn't know i haven't tried but perhaps u could switch up to a good set of HIDs?

Drew
23-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Sigh... You can't put HID into halogen housing, you need to get appropriate housing to suit...

Thinking there might be a cheap fix or something for this?

Killa From Manila
23-05-2007, 11:56 PM
my headlights were bit shit so i adjusted the angle of the beam n it helped alot, but if the actual brightness is the problem then the only thing i can think of is changing the bulbs to somthing brighter. just dont adjust it too high coz yeah it wil blind traffic, and ur high beams will point to the sky.

CTR Coupe
24-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Sigh... You can't put HID into halogen housing, you need to get appropriate housing to suit...

Thinking there might be a cheap fix or something for this?

about all you can do is put the 50+ bulbs in them. (this only makes it JUST bearable)

supposed to be 50% more light than your standard 60/55w bulb. don't actually put above the rated lights in them you will short out the thin wiring in the indicator stalk when you use higher rated bulbs.

i was even thinking about OEM foggies because of the poor light output.

these are the ones I'm running. but like i said the improvement is marginal and while it is better than standard it doesn't fix the problem.

http://www.narva.com.au/Press_Release_24.html

I didn't bother with the "blue/artic" light, its for ricers and i think these are brighter

mrwillz
26-05-2007, 12:08 PM
my headlights were bit shit so i adjusted the angle of the beam n it helped alot, but if the actual brightness is the problem then the only thing i can think of is changing the bulbs to somthing brighter. just dont adjust it too high coz yeah it wil blind traffic, and ur high beams will point to the sky.

howd u do it, jus aim the verticle one all the way down?
wot bout horizontally? i rekon its hard noticing where it is horizontally, ne tips.
i need to re aim y0

Drew
26-05-2007, 07:30 PM
I have a Hella lamp beam aimer at the workshop so it's not like I can't adjust the beams but if they are any higher they will blind people -_-

Killa From Manila
27-05-2007, 02:34 PM
MrWILLZ, Pull up to a white or light colored wall when it's dark. Park about 3 meters away and turn on your headlights. Then you can see where the beams hit the wall. If you can mark the wall with some chalk and then make your adjustments. You can watch the wall and see where the center of the beam pattern moves when you make the changes with your adjusters.

yeah thats the same way i did. just mark it out on a wall. i adjusted mine so they were about 15cm below horizontal. just go 4 a drive after u adjust it and check ur highbeams also until u are happy with them.

mrwillz
28-05-2007, 08:42 PM
yep done n done!
i fink im more friendly on the roads now
:) cheers guys

Ph@t-G
28-05-2007, 09:01 PM
This maybe a noob questions but how do I adjust the headlights?

mrwillz
29-05-2007, 01:53 PM
http://tech.ozhonda.com/diy/sireal/headlights017br.jpg
wif sireal jeffs pic
find those on ur headlight
on each headlight the outer adjuster is for vertical
inner ones for horizontal

Ph@t-G
29-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Cheers thanks for that! Will try it out tonight!