PDA

View Full Version : Winding Down Windows + Tinting

TRaNz
24-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Hey guys, finally able to wind down the windows after getting it tinted. Just wondering, for the ppl that have tinted windows, have you noticed the sound whilst winding down the window has increased or stayed the same?
Surely just putting tint on your window shouldnt realli affect the sound of winding up or down right?
Coz my passengers reckon its gotten a tad noisier.

Can anyone shed some info on this?

Cheers

P.S: if this belongs in the n00b section, could the Mods please, move it, sorry if i put it in the wrong section.

industrie
24-05-2007, 04:48 PM
do a search dude, theres a few topics on it already about windsound and tint related!

JasonGilholme
24-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I didn't notice any difference in mine however i only had the car a few days before i got the windows done.

Also, my windows are automatic so they make a big of noise from the motor anyway so i probably wouldn't be able to notice, even if there was a dif.

aaronng
24-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey guys, finally able to wind down the windows after getting it tinted. Just wondering, for the ppl that have tinted windows, have you noticed the sound whilst winding down the window has increased or stayed the same?
Surely just putting tint on your window shouldnt realli affect the sound of winding up or down right?
Coz my passengers reckon its gotten a tad noisier.

Can anyone shed some info on this?

Cheers

P.S: if this belongs in the n00b section, could the Mods please, move it, sorry if i put it in the wrong section.
If they didn't loosen the plastic piece that presses against the window, then yes, it will become louder. Also, if they didn't loosen it or put felt, you will be getting scratches in your tint in a while.

TRaNz
24-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Just emailed tintprofessor about 40 mins ago and jthey just called. He described the sound for me over the phone ( yes i LOL`ed at him :p ), and its not the sound of the felt touching or anything. So thats a good sign that he tinting is sweet.
Apart from that, it seems like the motor that moves the window up and down is making the noise....maybe a little louder than other Euros.
So next time i pop the car into service, ill see if i can get them to check out the window motor winding down/up thinghy ma-bob.

Thanks anyways fellas.

JasonGilholme
24-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I'd defiantely have a search about euro's and tint.

Plenty of scratched tint goin round cause of felt problems.

aaronng
24-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Just emailed tintprofessor about 40 mins ago and jthey just called. He described the sound for me over the phone ( yes i LOL`ed at him :p ), and its not the sound of the felt touching or anything. So thats a good sign that he tinting is sweet.
Apart from that, it seems like the motor that moves the window up and down is making the noise....maybe a little louder than other Euros.
So next time i pop the car into service, ill see if i can get them to check out the window motor winding down/up thinghy ma-bob.

Thanks anyways fellas.

Or you can turn up to the next Melb meet. :p We had 9 Euros at the last meet. You can compare it with ours.

EuroAccord13
24-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Soon we're gonna have 11 Euros to compare for the next meet!

BiLL|z0r
24-05-2007, 07:01 PM
*Imagines electric window races between 11 Euro's* Ready set, press.

If I recall mine was a bit noiser after I had felt put on for a couple days. I either got used to it or it went away though. I usually have my stereo on or windows down so don't notice any little noises like that.

TRaNz
24-05-2007, 07:09 PM
^^, hah or ill just get an exhast and that will cover abit of the sound when winding windows. :p

sendok
25-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Sounds no problem with me - tinted window, no effect with the noise..

tony1234
25-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Sounds no problem with me - tinted window, no effect with the noise..
Me too.But i now have fine scratches after 1 yr.:(

tron07
25-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I am thinking of tinting my windows, but not the rear windscreen.... can?

aaronng
25-05-2007, 03:40 PM
^^ for sure.

TRaNz
25-05-2007, 04:04 PM
They recommended me to get darker tint on the rear of the windscreen, 20% and the sides were all 28%.
How come you dont wanna tint the rear? Big listener of AM stations? :p

tron07
25-05-2007, 04:21 PM
^^ for sure.

just wonder if will it looks weird...

tony1234
25-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Mmm,i think it would.

aaronng
25-05-2007, 06:57 PM