PDA

View Full Version : crx leaking coolant

Jong
24-05-2007, 09:28 PM
hey guys..been dreading the day my car 'breaks down'..but the day finally came today.

noticed my engine temperature rising and rising so i pulled over, except, there was nothing leaking, no coolant no nothing.

waited for a bit, and checked coolant levels, all dried out.

topped it up with new coolant, then it started draining out from the bottom of the car at a pretty consistent drip..so i am quite sure sumthing has cracked or blown up or sumthing..not sure

has this happend to any crx owner or any other owner? common problem? i checked under the car on ramps and the leak seems to be coming from the side of the engine oil container.....but yeh..not sure.

any help is apprecieted. cheers

shadou
24-05-2007, 09:40 PM
water pump? Bring to a shop and get them to diagnose it. Doesn't sound like a cracked radiator.

vtec_king
24-05-2007, 11:58 PM
water pump is inside da timing belt cover on da side of da engine where all your drive belts are...so is it leaking from da side? cause i have a crx 2 n i had a rock or something hitted on radiator n put an big hole on my radiator, have to replace it...but bring it to a mechanic joint to get to checked out ! if u have to replace ur radiator 200-400, if ur water pump is leaking i suggest u do ur timing blet as well.... depends how much kms u got on ur dash...

czy_sol87
25-05-2007, 10:00 AM
yep had the same problem with my bros crx, ended up being the water pump shit itself also the thermostat was stuck closed which put way too much pressure on the radiator and blew it(but that could of been because the front radiator surport was bent in a little by some b*tch in a carpark, something pointy was rubbing against the radiator)
best to get it fixed asap, or u could end up having to rebuild the engine

Jong
25-05-2007, 11:19 AM
thanks guys

i'll get it checked out asap and let u know wat happens

appreciete help.