PDA

View Full Version : headers????

$tudio54
26-05-2007, 11:05 AM
anyone know if HKS headers are any good?????or got any tips or suggestions for any other brand for headers..thanks

.::F[L]Y::.
26-05-2007, 11:44 AM
i had them on my previous car.

i didnt like them as much. I was actually quite dissapointed. The car felt laggy below 4500rpm due to the 4-1 design. Top end there wasnt much difference. In the end i ended up switching back to the oem header. if your after some bling just use some autosol and polish up the standard heat shield :P

WhiteAP1
26-05-2007, 12:42 PM
The oem header is pretty good,its gonna take a quality product to either match or out perform them. Like fly said this is a tricky area that will having u going backwards if not done right. My advise is search, its been covered a 100 times. Probably get more info in s2ki.com.

$tudio54
26-05-2007, 01:24 PM
thanks whiteAP1,fly..great advice!!!!its so hard to find good performace parts for an s2000 with out down grading.but will do more research about headers on s2ki,really wanting to purchase headers with proven gains..

26-05-2007, 01:30 PM
id recommend keeping your oem header and using that money and buying a single outlet exhaust. I noticed that the car felt like it revved more freely as well as the great weight savings....

WhiteAP1
26-05-2007, 07:19 PM
U'd really would benifit from headers and an exhaust,however the headers u purchase could dictate what exhaust u buy. For example J's racing headers a a little larger than most out there, u'd be best to match them with a high flowing single to get the most out of them. Search is ure friend. :)

ludecrs
26-05-2007, 10:24 PM
I can get you a set of Mugens for $1500NZ + postage from N.Z :p

$tudio54
27-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I can get you a set of Mugens for $1500NZ + postage from N.Z :p

thanks ludecrs!!!!mite get back to u on that one!!!!!sounds like a good buy!!!!

[RSX 03]
27-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Mugen :) :D

integrity
28-05-2007, 08:19 AM
as you know the standard S2K out of the factory is well tuned.

i would say if you were planning to upgrade exhaust system, remember your standard system already is a twin stainless steel system.

a cat back would be all you need and your best checking outa few brands out there to look for the right power and note you genuinely want.

brands such as

HKS
Fujitsubo
Spoon
Mugen
Apexi

remember with uprgaind performance mods for and S2K, price can be abit hefty

CRXONE
28-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Go a Vortex Supercharger kit :-D

$tudio54
29-05-2007, 11:40 AM
as you know the standard S2K out of the factory is well tuned.

i would say if you were planning to upgrade exhaust system, remember your standard system already is a twin stainless steel system.

a cat back would be all you need and your best checking outa few brands out there to look for the right power and note you genuinely want.

brands such as

HKS
Fujitsubo
Spoon
Mugen
Apexi

remember with uprgaind performance mods for and S2K, price can be abit hefty

thats true!!!prices to upgrade parts is hefty..ive put a spoon n1 exhaust on it not that long ago,but im still looking to do a few more mods,maybe headers and was looking into an ARC cold intake.im still doing alot of reading and research on these mods..im also looking into TURBO CHARGING the beast if these mods dont go through..

29-05-2007, 01:17 PM
just a heads up theres an ARC air box on ebay atm. 300 bucks so far :)

personally i dont like the ARC system. heat soak.

$tudio54
29-05-2007, 01:53 PM
300 bucks!!!thats pretty good!!!dont know about buying stuff on ebay though...dont really trust ebay...but thanks for the heads up,much appriciated!!!i guess im guna go INJEN CIA from what ive read already about it on this forum its the loudest and gives more power!!!thanks

Perry
29-05-2007, 02:34 PM
This might be covered how are the mugen Zorst rated on the s2k?

WhiteAP1
29-05-2007, 06:31 PM
mugens good, up there with the best, but ALOT of people cant justify cost over gains. Thats the thing with NA mods ure pretty much paying $2K for somthing that might give u 5kws. Done right however u can have a nice revving and responsive little beast with about 150rwkws.End of the day Nothing beats FI bang for buck.

And ARC airbox is rubbish....just my 2c

mania
08-06-2007, 10:04 AM
putting on mugen exht in the next week will do dyno run hopefully and give a report.once i decide on headers i will re dyno again and then we will all know if ive wasted money ha ha.

mania
08-06-2007, 03:30 PM
just put the mugen exht on ,sounds nice not to drowny ,as for performance gain dont know yet,but the 10kg weight saving is nice ,fitment was a1 and took about 30mins thats a plus. let you know on gain

WhiteAP1
08-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Dont expect too ,much if anything to show up on the dyno. Its not really a power gaining exercise, u'll probably notice more response than power.