PDA

View Full Version : head unit problem

Boost Cruisin
06-07-2004, 04:40 PM
ok i just installed an alpine head unit and splits in my integra. the head unit turns on fine and reads the cd and starts playing but no sound comes out of my speakers

sunday: i had everything working and installed then i put my door trims and centre console back together and then i had no sound out of my speakers (front or rear)

monday: everything was working fine... sound through all 4 speakers, working perfectly

today: no sounds again...

any ideas to what my problem could be?

Psyklops
06-07-2004, 04:44 PM
do you have the speakers running off an external amp? If so, I reckon it'll be the remote switch wire from the h/unit to the amp, or the power &/or ground....dunno without seeing it... :?:

Fhrx
06-07-2004, 06:39 PM
There is a good reason why we recommend people don't install their own systems - this is just another.

If you're not 100% sure then please take it to a prefessional installer to have it looked over, lest risk further damage to your car.

If you were up here I would happily take a look at it for you. :)

Psyklops
06-07-2004, 06:54 PM
There is a good reason why we recommend people don't install their own systems - this is just another.

If you're not 100% sure then please take it to a prefessional installer to have it looked over, lest risk further damage to your car.

If you were up here I would happily take a look at it for you. :)

Too right..I actually helped out a mate on Sunday...he was freaking out because the h/unit wouldn't work...took my multimeter over and had it cranking in about 5 minutes...he hadn't hooked up to the correct power & acc. wires... ;)

BTW, just for the record...I am not a 'pro', in that I do not earn a living from installing systems, but I do know what I am doing. :D

Boost Cruisin
06-07-2004, 10:56 PM
actually a mate of mine wired it up.... he has been installing stereos for years... it worked that day and the next.... then it didnt work the next day, worked yesterday and didnt work today.... im at a loss

i have power to the unit but no sound comes out

zoopsta
21-07-2004, 12:06 AM
what headunit was installed?

does it require dedicated power direct from battery? Do you only hear sounds when the car is on?

This happened to a friend who installed a 9815. Check to see if its wired up to stock loom.

toE
21-07-2004, 05:23 AM
loose connections?
wired up wrongly?
fused?

too many probabilities without having a look at it.

have ur fren who helped u install it have another look. :)