PDA

View Full Version : Power Fc Problem......

brownes
26-05-2007, 01:37 PM
hi i have a civic eg with a b18c jdm 1994 conversion (black top), i have ask many people if the power fc for type R (ah04) fits or not, and they said i did... so i went one and bought on over the net and now it does not fit, any solutions?

SPEEDCORE
26-05-2007, 03:47 PM
ROFL!!!

Let me guess.... the plugs don't fit into the PFC??

JohnnyVtec
26-05-2007, 03:56 PM
where are you located?

Might be able to help you....

stalefish
26-05-2007, 04:33 PM
From what I've known Power FC for DC2 Type R (AH04) are OBD2B. If your engine is a pre 98 spec then most likely it's OBD2A. There could be other reason as well, for instance if you didn't do the conversion by yourself (or by previous owner), it might be using a stock EG ECU reprogrammed to run B18C mapping. If that's the case then it's using OBD1 harness and you need to run the discontinued AP engineering version of Power FC (4E14H01Y).

Kind regards, James

brownes
28-05-2007, 12:23 AM
well my engine as i said is 1994 B18c1 black top and i did the conversion my self i m 99% sure it a b18c harnes but its 1994 the power fc did says its 1995+ so yeah i was wondering wats the solutions for this without chaing my harness to type r 1995

btw i m in perth

stalefish
28-05-2007, 02:11 AM
there's a guide in determining what ECU you're currently running in hondata website. hope that helps

http://www.hondata.com/techecuid.html

JohnnyVtec
28-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Brownes,

Please confirm your harness OBD type because it's never safe to (ASSUME). this will allow you to clear up the matter (most likely) with just an OBD1 to OBD2a adapter. once you have confirmed the exact OBD of your harness you can search on ebay for an adapter which will put things right for dirt cheap.

The power fc you're refering to is actually designed for late 95 which=96 as are OBD2a.

Hope to see your car on the road soon!!!:thumbsup:

JohnnyVtec
28-05-2007, 10:37 AM
From what I've known Power FC for DC2 Type R (AH04) are OBD2B. If your engine is a pre 98 spec then most likely it's OBD2A. There could be other reason as well, for instance if you didn't do the conversion by yourself (or by previous owner), it might be using a stock EG ECU reprogrammed to run B18C mapping. If that's the case then it's using OBD1 harness and you need to run the discontinued AP engineering version of Power FC (4E14H01Y).

Kind regards, James

The idea is to get to the point so that we can help him, Not to point out some scary variables to him and act like a know it all without even being aware of the specifics regarding his setup.

;)

fatboyz39
28-05-2007, 01:49 PM
All Power FC are obd2, so you need to buy the conversion harrness obd2 >obd1.

brownes
28-05-2007, 07:29 PM
oh yea... ty for all the answeres.. i got got it coverd :D i foudn out my harness is obd1 btw ty for the hondata website thats helps alot :D if any body know where i can get the conversion harrness obd2 >obd1 in Perth please tell lol :D

JohnnyVtec
28-05-2007, 07:42 PM
oh yea... ty for all the answeres.. i got got it coverd :D i foudn out my harness is obd1 btw ty for the hondata website thats helps alot :D if any body know where i can get the conversion harrness obd2 >obd1 in Perth please tell lol :D

;) You need to make sure that your power fc is OBD2A or OBD2B in order to make the correct conversion, otherwise you'll be back on here wondering why your new conversion harness doesn't work.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Edgeauto
28-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I have these harnesses but as the guys are saying you need to find out which one you need.

brownes
29-05-2007, 01:34 AM
I have these harnesses but as the guys are saying you need to find out which one you need.

well atm in my car i got obd1 and the power fc is obd2a i was wondering how much it cost if u do hav it... and how do i pay u? if u r in WA it will be alot easyer

Edgeauto
29-05-2007, 07:11 AM
PM sent. You can check the link in my signature for pics.

stalefish
29-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Always happy to help, sorry if I did confuse you up :D
By the way I'm in Perth as well, running a EG with B18CR but was thinking of going the AP engineering Power FC. Hope to see you on the road then!