PDA

View Full Version : pictures of ED civic

shortman_alan
26-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey i am currently searching for a late model ED civic hatch as a cheap car. as my much loved 4th gen prelude was totaled. sad day for all... she will be missed! but life goes on...
i figure its best to get a cheaper car and save for a really nice car for when im off my p's. although i cant say i know tomuch bout civics let alone ED's.
so i was wondering if you guys would be able to help me out? as in any thing i should look for/check when buying one. any common problems in these models.

and it would be a great help if anyone could post up some reasonably stock pics of an ED's engine bay.. cheers, alan

aimre
26-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Why dont u get something newer, but for the same price.

If u want a cheap run about, get an excel. Parts everywhere and cheap as chips

EKVTIR-T
26-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Newer is'nt always better...;)

aimre
27-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Newer is'nt always better...;)

true, but i have owned one and if i had <$5k to spend i would probably by and excel. Honda parts r much more expensive, at least if u buy em new, and Honbits (or whatever that wrecker is called) pretty much has a monopoly on all honda wrecks, so he can charge what he feels like. I've never seen an ED or newer at pck and payless. THere like 20 excel's

yfin
27-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Why dont u get something newer, but for the same price.

If u want a cheap run about, get an excel. Parts everywhere and cheap as chips

You can't compare a flimsy Excel - a car designed to last its warranty and not further - to a Honda Civic. Ask any decent mechanic which car to buy and they will tell you to avoid the Excel as it is woeful in almost all areas. There are much better used cars to buy.

Drew
27-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Excel's aren't as bad as people make them out to be...

They are just fragile and need to be looked after or else they do fall apart

clem
30-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Excel's aren't as bad as people make them out to be...

They are just fragile and need to be looked after or else they do fall apart

Lol, I think that IS what people make them out to be :P
Yeah IMO u shud get a cheaper car and then get a better car, I wouldn't get an exel, but I would take my time in looking for a civic if you were going to get a cheap car, gotta make sure its in a decent running condition since it is afterall a 15yr old car or something :P

aimre
31-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Lol, I think that IS what people make them out to be :P
Yeah IMO u shud get a cheaper car and then get a better car, I wouldn't get an exel, but I would take my time in looking for a civic if you were going to get a cheap car, gotta make sure its in a decent running condition since it is afterall a 15yr old car or something :P

But civics r so overpriced for what they r.

Excels are injected, unlike ED's
Have more power
Are newer
Have an abundance of parts
Cheaper parts

s2ky_
31-05-2007, 11:50 PM
you also forgot the amount of fully sick kits for them excels as well as scissor doors!

nah jokes aside! < $5k ill prob get something like a corolla, i find them really reliable and a bit of go for what they are =]